Engine Trouble cant get full power?

hey there i have an 80cc motored bike and when im trying to get top speed it wont let me ping it?. It bogs down on full throttle? so u got to hold it just before flat to sort of build up speed?.

-A80 (chrome)
-speed carby
-36t sprocket
-premium unleaded 98
-s.b.p expansion chamber
-26" southern star
also -Ngk lead -Ngk spark plug b5hs

drill out the main jet about .05mm more or change it to a fatter jet.

All i wanna do is be able to beat my mate who has a f80 stock nt carby and a 40t

Ahh, i see you are in Adelaide.

That kind of behaviour will see motorized bicycles become viciously targeted by the police as in NSW and Victoria.
I can't help thinking that ripping up and down the street or bicycle paths with your mate (trying to go faster and faster) will attract attention; all the wrong kind of attention and f*ck it up for everyone else who is desperately trying to quietly and stealthily fly under the radar; attracting as little attention as possible, because they need their bike for transport.

The chinese engines need to burn up a few tanks of fuel before they break in. The clutch, in particular, tends to be tight and whiny,
robbing torque. After break in, torque improves. Torque head,
tighten nuts, keep first runs short, allow long cool offs, and the motor can be reliable, and satisfying.

you say "valvoline oil".
are you using motor oil (such as 10w-30) ? or are you using 2 stroke oil?
what is your gas - oil mix ratio (like 40:1, 32:1, 20:1) ? how many ounces of oil per gallon (i don't understand liters and all that metric stuff...lol).
you have a 36 tooth sprocket?
what size wheels does your bike have?
how tall are the tires?
if your friend has taller wheels and taller tires, his bike will be faster on the top end. wheel & tire size affects the gear ratio.
if he's running a 40 tooth sprocket but has 26" or 29" wheels, and you're running a 36 tooth on 20" or 24" wheels, his will still be faster because his final gear ratio will be higher than yours.
it sounds like your carb needs to be re-jetted to give you a richer air-fuel ratio(or the jet that's in it needs to be drilled out as jaguar suggested) it sounds like it's running too lean (too much air, not enough fuel) with the w.o.t. bog / loss of power.

what kind of behaviour? Mate i never said i rip up and down my street with my mate (trying to go faster and faster) LOL. Cheers Jaguar will do! valvoline oil yes 2 stroke mix 20:1 both same size wheels 26" dont no about tyres but shouldnt matter that much as i got the 36t. Cheers

You beat your mate, then your mate decides to beat you and on it goes - by definition that's called trying to go faster and faster; quite possibly on a bicycle that was never designed to go at the speeds you want to achieve.

usually, if you're lean, applying just a tiny bit of choke will add power - if not, you're probably not lean

If you have already rode your bike for a few gallons of fuel mix, you may be able to lower your oil mix ratio. Move down to 32:1 gas oil mix, or a little less. It will make it seem like the engine burns hotter and harder.

Back