cant get it started

80ccguy

Local time
9:30 AM
i assembled brand new kit 1st time. got on it and it made thunka thunka sound. Then back wheel wouldn't turn. Tuned the clutch flower now the wheel turns while engaged but no more thunka thunka sound. What can it be>?? thank you

i assembled brand new kit 1st time. got on it and it made thunka thunka sound. Then back wheel wouldn't turn. Tuned the clutch flower now the wheel turns while engaged but no more thunka thunka sound. What can it be>?? thank you
sounds like you adjusted the clutch too far.

Ok will try that thank you!
There is a good way to adjust the clutch that has been described here before. I go by feel so I have no real method to my madness. I just know that if your back wheel is tuning and the engine isn't the clutch is either not engaged at all or slipping enough to not get past the compression of the engine.

There is a good way to adjust the clutch that has been described here before.
When adjusting the flower nut on the clutch, make sure that you have the clutch lever pulled in and locked in place.

Now tighten the flower nut all the way until you can't turn the back wheel at all, from there, turn the nut counter clockwise a "notch" at a time until you get the wheel to turn freely by hand and stop right there and put the lock screw back in place at that notch where the wheel just starts to turn freely.

When you release the lever it should of course be totally locked up and at this point you should have all the slippage out of it and the bucking ball and bar along with the clutch actuator arm should all move smoothly...Put a dab of Lucas red and tacky or some white lithium grease on both ends of the bucking bar prior to reassembly.

i tightened the clutch back up now i see how that works. but im still getting no sign of a start. i dont hear the piston trying to chug like i did before

Start by buying a spark plug and throw the Z4C away. Get a NGK BR6HS or NGK B6HS.

Back