Cant get tires to hold air

All4-1

Local time
12:13 PM
Hello

So I have had my bike running a few weeks now but every time I get it together I take a few mile ride and get a flat tire.
So I got a slime tube after the first 2 flats and I bought 3 slime tubes total now. I'm really starting to lose faith in this combo

The issue I think is that the tires are really thin and there's no knobs- it's almost a slick tire

So today I got the idea to put another tire that's much thicker with knobs on it and I got yet another slime tube- beyond that I was thinking about cutting a strip off of the old tube and taping it onto the wheel just in case any of the spokes are popping out when I hit bumps maybe?

Not sure but beyond that- can't I also run a solid inner tube with no air so it can never get a air leak? Is this an expensive item and what other complications can arise from a solid tube?

Question number 2 is- strictly for engine performance, for about 100- 150$ what would be my best route to increase engine output and acceleration/ top speed as well as higher revs ? I want more power but dont really know a direction to go for this price, and also to go along with later modifications as money comes in for this project

Suggestions anyone?

ps sorry for the lengthy read I have a tendency to rable I suppose

Hello

So I have had my bike running a few weeks now but every time I get it together I take a few mile ride and get a flat tire.
So I got a slime tube after the first 2 flats and I bought 3 slime tubes total now. I'm really starting to lose faith in this combo

The issue I think is that the tires are really thin and there's no knobs- it's almost a slick tire

So today I got the idea to put another tire that's much thicker with knobs on it and I got yet another slime tube- beyond that I was thinking about cutting a strip off of the old tube and taping it onto the wheel just in case any of the spokes are popping out when I hit bumps maybe?

Not sure but beyond that- can't I also run a solid inner tube with no air so it can never get a air leak? Is this an expensive item and what other complications can arise from a solid tube?

Question number 2 is- strictly for engine performance, for about 100- 150$ what would be my best route to increase engine output and acceleration/ top speed as well as higher revs ? I want more power but dont really know a direction to go for this price, and also to go along with later modifications as money comes in for this project

Suggestions anyone?

What are ya getting flats on? Is the hole in the tube always in the same spot?
Did ya check the tire to make sure there is no shrapnel stuck in it. Feel inside with your fingers at the spot where ya got the flat
Also check the rim for any sharp edges or spokes sticking up and shave them flush with the nipple if they are.
I suggest to use a new rim strip.
I suggest not to use (black) tape. It can dry hard and have a razor sharp edge. Then you'll really wonder why ya keep getting flats.

I used Black tape once as a rim strip and it dried hard with a razor sharp edge. I got a few flat in the same spot and it looked like the tube had split. But when I ran my fingers across the black tape it cut my finger like a razor blade.

What are ya getting flats on? Is the hole in the tube always in the same spot?
Did ya check the tire to make sure there is no shrapnel stuck in it. Feel inside with your fingers at the spot where ya got the flat
Also check the rim for any sharp edges or spokes sticking up and shave them flush with the nipple if they are.
I suggest to use a new rim strip.
I suggest not to use (black) tape. It can dry hard and have a razor sharp edge. Then you'll really wonder why ya keep getting flats.

I used Black tape once as a rim strip and it dried hard with a razor sharp edge. I got a few flat in the same spot and it looked like the tube had split. But when I ran my fingers across the black tape it cut my finger like a razor blade.
I wouldn't have guessed the tape would be a problem but I'm hoping I fixed it with a new tire that's not a slick tire and it's much thicker and harder of a rubber.
It was going flat from anything.. Once was a single piece of wire about half inch long that looked like it came out of a wire brush.
I think it was a combination of a thin tire without any tread so it was pretty much like a lint roller picking up anything on the street

I'll have to look into the Kevlar for a long term fix

Alas- now I'm trying to figure out how im going to squeeze some more power out of the zeda 66 - I can probably put a few hundred into making this bike faster more reliable and solid

It's a very interesting hobby and I'm still only scratching the iceberg on the parts and upgrades available for this hobby of ours

Hello

Suggestions anyone?
Cut the bead off some old tires, and line the inside of your tire with them. For extra protection use a piece of thin sheet steel in the outer most layer. Careful not to pinch the tube, gorilla tape is awesome to cover the edges. Install the tube with baby powder to help it all slide together. Then inflate a little, deflate and inflate it again slowly. You can run over almost anything.

I run tannarus tire armor in one bike. Works awesome, but if the glass is a huge piece or nail etc, you still going get a flat. But you might be able to ride it home with a flat if you aren't to big and ride easy. Other bikes, I use method mentioned above. I just collect people used tires and wala, it's free.

It was going flat from anything.. Once was a single piece of wire about half inch long that looked like it came out of a wire brush.

That thin piece of wire that gave ya a flat came from a car tire.
Once car tires are worn down to their steel belts they shred little wires all over the road.

Every bike I've owned if it sits for a month the tires will be low on air. Spit test on the valve nada nuttin. Only answer is the tubes are permeable to air and sloooooowly leaking. If f not some scumbag is stealing my air and I better not catch him cuxx he owes me a BLIMP full of air. I'm glad m/c and auto tires ain't the same.

Every bike I've owned if it sits for a month the tires will be low on air. Spit test on the valve nada nuttin. Only answer is the tubes are permeable to air and sloooooowly leaking. If f not some scumbag is stealing my air and I better not catch him cuxx he owes me a BLIMP full of air. I'm glad m/c and auto tires ain't the same.
I haven't had to add air in 6 months now...Don't know what im doing different, but im not complaining either...lol...DAMIEN

Back