Can't seem to find Jackshaft kit chain size.

Nëxtrëvit

Local time
7:04 AM
Not sure if this has been asked before, because I can't find anything.

I've got the 415 chain completed, but whilst doing the other chain, I accidentally made it too short.

After searching for awhile I couldn't (and still can't) find anything telling me the size of this chain. I measured it and it seems to have 1/2 inch from center of pin to pin, but barely meshes with the existing 1/2 stock chain on the pedal-set (Hence the custom 3rd ring that was installed).

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Google 415 chain dimensions.

You’ll see that bicycle chains don’t fit 40/41/415 sprockets.

They have the same pitch.

The main differences are the chain widths.
#40 is 5/16”, 41 is 1/4”, 415 is 3/16”, BMX is 1/8” width, multi speed is 3/32” or smaller.

Smaller chains don’t fit bigger sprockets.

However, bigger chains fit narrower sprockets, except for the 3/32" chain and smaller.

When we in doubt, Google is your friend.😜

Last edited:
Google 415 chain dimensions.

You’ll see that bicycle chains don’t fit 40/41/415 sprockets.

They have the same pitch.

The main differences are the chain widths.
#40 is 5/16”, 41 is 1/4”, 415 is 3/16”, BMX is 1/8” width, multi speed is 3/32” or smaller.

Smaller chains don’t fit bigger sprockets.

However, bigger chains fit narrower sprockets, except for the 3/32" chain and smaller.

When we in doubt, Google is your friend.😜

Yes, I do know the larger 415 chain won't fit on 1/2 inch bicycle chain, It doesn't run to the pedal sprockets anyway. (That's already assembled with no issues)

The chain I'm talking about is the chain that goes from the jackshaft to the pedal sprocket, I can't find which size it is.

Is it one of the sizes you specified or something totally different?

Measure the sprocket's thickness at their teeth.

What is it?

Where's the chain that came with the kit?

Measure that chain's roller width.

What is it?

Does the chain on the left fit the sprocket on the right?

The chain on the Left is 415 chain, and it doesn't run on the right side. Chain that goes on the right side (Second picture, the chain on the wood) is significantly smaller.

I measured the chain's distance from center-of-pin to center-of-pin and found it to be 1/2 inch. The rollers are larger, hence the chain suck. I'm most likely going to measure them tomorrow. It is slightly wider aswell.

Basic idea is, I'm stuck wondering which size it exactly is, It seems like nothing I've ever messed with before.

I'm guessing it's BMX bicycle chain.

1/2" pitch x 1/8" roller width.

What's your measurement?
That's the only way you're gonna buy the correct chain.

Why don't you take the sprocket, AND the chain you cut short, to the bike shop and see?

Last edited:
The chain that comes with the chinese jackshaft kit is 415 chain. You can get thinner chain rings from sickbike parts. I use kmc hl710 half link chain on mine with sickbike chain rings.

Back