Cant seem to get it running

Yeah well it sounds simple but when you have a properly working carb, air flowing freely, a good spark, good compression and it won't even turn over it's NOT so simple.

Ok, sorry i havent been able to respond lately, been kind of busy.

But i did test my bike, completely took apart the carb and took the exhaust off it was clear, filled it full way, put the idle 4 full turns out...but to no avail.

Im stuck at this point completely. Any more ideas?

Thanks,
Connor

Check your exhaust to make sure that you have airflow through it. When I got my first bike I was going through the proper break in process with a 20:1 mix. I had ALOT of carbon build up resulting in fouled plugs and restricted airflow through the pipe. I cleaned the pipe with it off of the bike, sprayed a carb cleaner into it and gave it a good shake with lots of gunk comming out of the other end...Kelly

There was a bunch of black stuff...carbon i assume? I will try cleaning it out and get back to you later.

Thanks,
Connor

Well i just bought a new carb, so hopefully that works. And if not........i might go on a killing spree.

So watch out for the headline news.

So, what happened? I have been having the EXACT same problem. If a new carb worked for you, I will try that too!

:D

Ill keep you posted. I haven't recieved the carb yet. I should get it within the next couple days. Hopefully by the weekend :).

I may have the solution.

I don't know if you know what you are doing, but you might not be starting it up right. Are you starting the engine up with the carborator's lever up and then riding with it down? If you aren't, that is probably the problem. (Also pull the throttel all the way back.)

Back