Cant seem to get it running

C

Connor

I bought my 70/80cc motor from www.thatsdax.com, and its been great witha few bumps on the way.
I cant get my bike to run properly, it makes a noise, but it just sounds like its not getting any gas and just doesnt start from the get go.

I bought a new magneto and spark plug, and put them in and this didnt help any. It actually raised the OHM's from 325 to 350...any ideas?

Ive tried taking off the Bosche spark plug and dropping fuel directly int here, and that works and makes it sputter but only for a second until the fuel is burned up, then it dies.

Any suggestions would be awesome.

Thanks,
Connor

I'm going to take a leap here- On GEBE's there is a kill button, and if that wire has grounded out, where it attaches to the handlebar, it will prevent it from starting.

To make a temporary fix to a kill button, cut a plastic drink straw, and slide a sliver of the straw between the wire and the metal,

whoola........ :cool:

You can't get the engine to run "properly", or at all?
It doesn't "start from the get go" or does it not start at all?
How many miles are on your engine?
Have you checked your gas flow from the petcock?
If you're flowing freely then I'd think the next step may be looking into the carb and make sure that gas and air are both getting through. If you are digging in that area you could clean your carb while you're at it to eliminate that as a problem (if you feel comfortable doing so)
In addition to bama's electrical suggestion you should have a pretty good idea of what the problem is, or at least eliminate alot of possibilites.
It sounds like you may be missing some element of the (w)holy two stroke equation:
Gas+Compression+Spark=bwaaaaaaaa

Ive unplugged the kill switch and it still doesnt work. I have the plastic slips over the other wires, should i still try what you suggested?

thanks,
Connor

Check you idle screw, it should be 3-4 turns out from closed. If you can get it started you should be able to tune it by ear...Kelly

Sorry for the Confusion:
Cant get it to run at all
When i pop the clutch it makes a noise...just doesnt sputter and get a gas flow.

So i dont know how to answer Can get it started...kind of same Q as getting it to run.

I will try your suggestions tomorrow but ive got around 100 miles on it, and ive got a nice gas flow.

My carb is clean....
my idle screw i guess isnt screwed in to make it idle properly, but that shouldnt keep the motor from atleast sputtering when i first pop the clutch.......should it?

Have you checked your spark plug to make sure it isn't fowled. During the break in period your running an oil rich mix that tends to be hard on plugs...Kelly

I bought a new couple weeks ago.....still havent been able to ride with it. I replaced the magneto too because thatsdax told me too because i was running 350 OHM's

I would check the carb next. Could be that your needle valve isn't moving properly and your not getting the fuel that you need...Kelly

LOL, I just read your post on the next thread where you gave the same advice that I just gave you...Kelly

Back