Can't start my new build. 1st time builder.

Packinheat

Local time
5:25 AM
So Im trying to figure out the reason I can't get a spark to start my bike... I thought it was the cdi or magneto... But then I took a step back and realized that when I push the clutch and and pedal... There's no resistance, and no sign of the engine making that deep gutter like sound like it's trying to fire up. It's just free pedaling... What could the cause of this be?

Here's some pics

Attachments

• 16332665282884608226191999726018.jpg
    16332665282884608226191999726018.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 121
  • 1633266545763561350048669891885.jpg
    1633266545763561350048669891885.jpg
    257.4 KB · Views: 115
No resistance at all? Have you tried tightening the flower nut any? It's under that teardrop cover on the other side.

No resistance at all? Have you tried tightening the flower nut any? It's under that teardrop cover on the other side.
I just did that literally 5 min ago. Everything is adjusted properly. :/

Shouldn't there be some gutteral sound the engine makes when trying to pedal? Like it's trying to turn over ? I'm not getting any spark at all :/
I do have the clutch engaged while I'm trying to do this though

When you pull your clutch lever in the bike should be easy to pedal then when you let go of clutch lever there should be resistance to pedaling and the engine should start to turn over and start right up.
If the engine isn't turning over then the clutch is probably out of adjustment. There is also the possibility that one of the woodruff key is missing or gone.
I would suspect the flower not needs tightening.
Remove small screw at flower nut. Squeeze clutch lever and lock it down with the button. Tighten flower nut with fingers until you can't turn it. Back it off until the notch for the small locking screw lines up and put small screw back in.

When you pull your clutch lever in the bike should be easy to pedal then when you let go of clutch lever there should be resistance to pedaling and the engine should start to turn over and start right up.
If the engine isn't turning over then the clutch is probably out of adjustment. There is also the possibility that one of the woodruff key is missing or gone.
Remove small screw at flower nut. Squeeze clutch lever and lock it down with the button. Tighten flower nut with fingers until you can't turn it. Back it off until the notch for the small locking screw lines up and put small screw back in.
What Chris said!

So. I re did the flower nut and the clutch . It's all running properly. I'm just not getting any spark for some reason, when I test the motor. I have the bike upside down, I press the clutch in and pedal, but no spark still. Is there a reason why?

So. I re did the flower nut and the clutch . It's all running properly. I'm just not getting any spark for some reason, when I test the motor. I have the bike upside down, I press the clutch in and pedal, but no spark still. Is there a reason why?
To be completely honest, I haven't ever truly started the bike yet. It's brand new

You will not have spark when you pull the handle in.

Back