Capacitor Drive Electric Bike

Magnetic bearings for reduced friction (yeah I know, a long way off), 4 Billion years of perpetual motion of the planets is long enough for me lol.

have you spun an alternator under load? Takes a decent amount of energy, plus getting you going and keeping you in motion on the bike. The power from an alternator to the motor via a controller is not lossless. --- yes, I know about that.

This is just a thought experiment.

Generator off front wheel, recharging the capacitors. Motor on rear wheel operated by the capacitors.

This is like reaching back and picking yourself up by the collar.
So. 750watt generator 85% efficient takes 882w to drive it, charges a battery that is 55% efficient, takes 1.8hrs of charging to supply a 750w motor (that is a remarkable 90% efficient) for an hour that is unable to meet the need of the 882w to drive the front generator. Make sense?

Even with the 96% efficient capacitor storage the perpetual motion part still fails.
I am however excited about cap storage for hybrid use. Picture:

2hp Internal Combustion Engine (ICE) driving a 1000w generator and a 750w hub motor.
Cap drive only needed for local low speed driving, long trips and charging kicks in the 2hp ICE.
Max power need kicks in both motors for 3hp acceleration. Best of all worlds.

Steve

the power from an alternator to the motor via a controller is not lossless.

Yeah I understand it is not lossless. Not going from generator to motor via controller. Going from generator to recharge caps as you travel, then from caps to motor. Controller in there somewhere. (not an electrical engineer)

This is like reaching back and picking yourself up by the collar.
So. 750watt generator 85% efficient takes 882w to drive it, charges a battery that is 55% efficient, takes 1.8hrs of charging to supply a 750w motor (that is a remarkable 90% efficient) for an hour that is unable to meet the need of the 882w to drive the front generator. Make sense?

Even with the 96% efficient capacitor storage the perpetual motion part still fails.
I am however excited about cap storage for hybrid use. Picture:

2hp Internal Combustion Engine (ICE) driving a 1000w generator and a 750w hub motor.
Cap drive only needed for local low speed driving, long trips and charging kicks in the 2hp ICE.
Max power need kicks in both motors for 3hp acceleration. Best of all worlds.

Steve

I am however excited about cap storage for hybrid use. --- Me too.

Again, just a thought experiment. LOTS of obstacles or walls, lol.

Generator off front wheel, recharging the capacitors.

Regenerative Braking is popular with e-bike riders to recapture some of the power they used to create motion in the first place, to stop that motion with all the drag you have creating power with a generator.

In short, there is no such thing as the 'perpetual motion system', let alone one you can draw power from and keeps going as you propose, unless of course you have some 'magic dust' that alters physics...

Sorry man, you'll be pedaling your butt off to make up for the 'magic powder' you needed unless...
Never mind, that is the kind of thing people get killed over.

Regenerative Braking is popular with e-bike riders to recapture some of the power they used to create motion in the first place, to stop that motion with all the drag you have creating power with a generator.

In short, there is no such thing as the 'perpetual motion system', let alone one you can draw power from and keeps going as you propose, unless of course you have some 'magic dust' that alters physics...

Sorry man, you'll be pedaling your butt off to make up for the 'magic powder' you needed unless...
Never mind, that is the kind of thing people get killed over.

Yep, I understand. Again, just a thought experiment.

Yep, I understand.
Again, just a thought experiment.
Yep, and we understand.
Again, just a reality check of your thought exprement, which is not unlike the hundreds I had when I started electronics school, only to discover it was impossible.

I learned it in school, you get that for free here hehe ;-}

There are some bus companies in China that have operational capacitor storage programs. They stop every so many bus stops and do a rapid charge of their capacitor banks. These are very lassi capacitors the dog hold charge for very long so they have to keep recharging them every few stops. I gather the capacitor bank is about the size of a refrigerator and is only good for about 5 miles on the bus.

Regenerate to brake systems don't work so good for the bicycles. We just don't have enough inertia to generate electricity to recharge the battery. I know they make regenerative brake systems for E bikes but it's more a selling feature than an actual useful feature.

How this the faster you go the more wind the more power lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 320
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 331
Back