Carb angle problem?

NOLA Rider

Local time
1:10 AM
I bought a new genuine Dellorto carb since my old trusty Skyhawk CNS was falling apart and have not been able to get the engine running since. I have strong spark and starter fluid gets her running for a few seconds. Gas is getting to the carb, but when I checked the spark plug, it looked dry. Could the angle of my carb be too drastic? I use an offset manifold so the filter will fit. Could I heat it up and bend it maybe?

Attachments

• IMG_2159.JPG
    IMG_2159.JPG
    121.5 KB · Views: 89
I bought a new genuine Dellorto carb since my old trusty Skyhawk CNS was falling apart and have not been able to get the engine running since. I have strong spark and starter fluid gets her running for a few seconds. Gas is getting to the carb, but when I checked the spark plug, it looked dry. Could the angle of my carb be too drastic? I use an offset manifold so the filter will fit. Could I heat it up and bend it maybe?
It could be causing the needle of the float to stay closed. Try to level it out. Check the CARBY threads. You could use the rubber heater hose trick to extend it a bit and get a more flat plane to the bowl.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.dragonfly75.com/motorbike/index.html

they used to make those extended intakes both straight and with angled end point - you have a straight one and an angled one would help

Back