Carb Below Intake?

yuckfoo

Local time
1:23 AM
I found this picture in another thread. It appears that the carb is below the intake. Will this work? I was under the assumption that these engines relied somewhat on gravity to get fuel to the motor.

20210816_132137-jpg.156859

It only needs gravity to get the gas from the tank to the carb. After the carb the gas is supposed to be atomized in the air and the engine sucks it up.

I believe this is what @Karl Snarl was trying to suggest.
Yep, exactly what i was saying. I just never needed that set up ( buddies have), so I couldn't take any pictures to share. They use my chromed water pipe hangers and attach it to the carb as support. They like free stuff. I spend 4 bucks a piece to buy and have chromed. I have a lot of them, hundreds and at one time 10s of thousands of them. Lol

Yep, exactly what i was saying. I just never needed that set up ( buddies have), so I couldn't take any pictures to share. They use my chromed water pipe hangers and attach it to the carb as support. They like free stuff. I spend 4 bucks a piece to buy and have chromed. I have a lot of them, hundreds and at one time 10s of thousands of them. Lol
I was under the impression that the carb needed to be above the intake. I have a set up now to test the engine, but it's not ideal as the carb sticks way out and the fuel line is too horizontal and the throttle cable is too high. But it will be good enough to see if the slanted carb was my only problem. If this set up I have right now allows me to get it running better than it was then I can ascribe my troubles to that other slanted carb set up.

I just bought a piece of 45 degree silicone tube and a short intake (my fourth intake.) This will allow me to slope the carb down. I hope it works out. Intakes that don't work out are fast becoming a money sink.

Attachments

• G0013125.JPG
    G0013125.JPG
    157.1 KB · Views: 89
I was under the impression that the carb needed to be above the intake. I have a set up now to test the engine, but it's not ideal as the carb sticks way out and the fuel line is too horizontal and the throttle cable is too high. But it will be good enough to see if the slanted carb was my only problem. If this set up I have right now allows me to get it running better than it was then I can ascribe my troubles to that other slanted carb set up.

I just bought a piece of 45 degree silicone tube and a short intake (my fourth intake.) This will allow me to slope the carb down. I hope it works out. Intakes that don't work out are fast becoming a money sink.
You'll have to start selling "custom" intakes lol.

Oh yea, that looks much better now.

Oh yea, that looks much better now.
I'll agree that the level of the carb looks much better. But the overall appearance is garbage. I'll keep this set up to try and get it started again, but it's not staying. I bought a piece of 45 degree (pre-formed) hose and a small straight intake. This should give me a set-up where the carb and fuel line aren't stick so far out from the side of the bike. One thing I still need though is some hose clamps. Someone, (perhaps you @Chainlube) mentioned T-bar hose clamps. Hose is measured from the inner diameter, but what about the hose clamps? If I buy clamps for my 3/4" hose do I buy clamps sold as 3/4" clamps as well? I've found 17mm to 19mm clamps, but 19mm = .74 inches. Should I try to find something larger? In short, what is the proper hose clamp size for 3/4" silicone hose?

Back