Carb Flood

inspectorcritic

Local time
10:15 PM
Just bought a Speed Demon Exhaust Took it to Midas guy with torch bent it to fit I turn the gas off just before then hop on went up a hill ran out of gas turn on the gas and now it floods out the bottom hose and f***ing will not stop this is a so co called high performanc carb CNC sez, on the side product of Japan can't find anything about it on internet.

Ok I zoospect its the float, what piece do I bend any one got a pic?

There is a small screw righ near the opening of the carb near the filter I think it air, How does one adjust it for proper flow.

What is the thing called bottom of bowl to let overflow out?

There is right next to the fuel input another plug fitting what is that for?

and damn last week I was gonna buy a different style carb would have been ready for today cosmos stuff prepared but to lazy to act.

probably just a piece of crap stuck in inlet valve - clean it out and use a fuel filter in the line

Last edited:
The tube on the bowl is overflow, the nib closest to the air filter is the oil injection, the one closer to the fuel inlet is the bowl vent. Sometimes the nipple for the fuel gets loose and unseats, I would press it in just in case that's what's leaking.

To raise or lower the fuel level look at the little tab that holds the valve inside the bowl, that tiny tab can be bent upwards to lower the level, and bent down to raise it. The valve itself has a spring pin in it, if it doesn't spring back against the tab then that could cause the valve to fail. I would also say try cleaning it a bit. Make sure the drain screw didn't come loose (pretend flooding) and that the rubber seat on the valve tip didn't come off or disintegrate. Those plastic chambers also eventually crack and fill with gas, if one fails it usually all fails

The tube on the bowl is overflow, the nib closest to the air filter is the oil injection, the one closer to the fuel inlet is the bowl vent. Sometimes the nipple for the fuel gets loose and unseats, I would press it in just in case that's what's leaking.

To raise or lower the fuel level look at the little tab that holds the valve inside the bowl, that tiny tab can be bent upwards to lower the level, and bent down to raise it. The valve itself has a spring pin in it, if it doesn't spring back against the tab then that could cause the valve to fail. I would also say try cleaning it a bit. Make sure the drain screw didn't come loose (pretend flooding) and that the rubber seat on the valve tip didn't come off or disintegrate. Those plastic chambers also eventually crack and fill with gas, if one fails it usually all fails
Where do you get oil injection from its all in the gas? How doese one tune it? Why a vent if it gets plug it floods.

Old design, works with dirt bikes with oil injection, or anything with that for that matter. I plug them off on premix.

Tune like any carb, if you are flooding you have to address it before doing anything else, are you sure you aren't running rich? You have a spring on the enrichment and it's not binding before shut? You should have just a hair of slack in it so turning the bars won't open it.

Or do you have the lever on carb type choke slide?

Can you just get the zookeeper to take and post a picture indicating where the leak is on the carb?

Old design, works with dirt bikes with oil injection, or anything with that for that matter. I plug them off on premix.

Tune like any carb, if you are flooding you have to address it before doing anything else, are you sure you aren't running rich? You have a spring on the enrichment and it's not binding before shut? You should have just a hair of slack in it so turning the bars won't open it.

Or do you have the lever on carb type choke slide?

Can you just get the zookeeper to take and post a picture indicating where the leak is on the carb?

Its ugly to look at but its a ride, see the small adjustment smoke screw? Called a CNC Carb I think its too cumberson want to swapp it out with something more practical just bought a new exhaust from bikeberry paid 3 times too much found it on another website called a banna pipe same thing so I want to see if bikeberry backs up their gurantee lowest prices get somthing else. How do you tune the small screw for whatever its function
IMG_20170920_122353.jpg
IMG_20170920_122415.jpg

The air mix screw for idle, you'll need a proper sized idle jet for that to have any function, but to adjust its left for leaner and right for richer. Best way to adjust is turn idle screw that adjusts the barrel height in 2 or 3 full turns, and start with the idle air screw turned all the way right, with the engine idling at a higher than normal idle turn the air screw to the left until the idle peaks and starts to drop back down, leave it adjusted where the idle is the highest. Turn the idle screw back down to the original position and maybe a tiny bit more with the new adjustment.

Back