Carb identification help need + fuel issue

SuedePflow

Local time
6:43 PM
I've attached an image of the engine and carb I have. Does anyone know the make/model of this thing, or have any litterature on it?

We have a no-start issue and we're getting fuel leak from a hole near where the filter element attaches. I just want to familiarize myself with the carb to help diagnose this no-start.

s-l1600.jpg

20220925_013015.jpg

It looks like a VM18 or 19. Got a picture of the right side? Did you measure the throat size leading to the reed?

I also see fuel in one of the vent lines, only line with fuel is the inlet.

It looks like a VM18 or 19. Got a picture of the right side? Did you measure the throat size leading to the reed?

I also see fuel in one of the vent lines, only line with fuel is the inlet.
Here's the other side. I didn't measure the throat size but it's about an inch. EDIT: It looks exactly like a VM19 to me.

Fuel got pulled into that vent hose somehow last night while trying to get it started.
20220925_121952.jpg

Just chopped that line in half right above where the fuel is sitting and let them hang loose.

Most likely a VM24 then, probably as big as you want to go as far as carbs go. They're Mikuni knockoffs.

If the fuel is backing up in the line then there is a float issue, check to see if it is moving freely and it's level. Not exactly sure on the setting but 21mm comes to mind.

Just chopped that line in half right above where the fuel is sitting and let them hang loose.

Most likely a VM24 then, probably as big as you want to go as far as carbs go. They're Mikuni knockoffs.

If the fuel is backing up in the line then there is a float issue, check to see if it is moving freely and it's level. Not exactly sure on the setting but 21mm comes to mind.
So, all 3 nipples on the carb are vents? (two on the side side shown, and one on the bowl)

The carb is level. We pulled the bowl off right before making this post. The float seemed to be installed properly and move as it should.

I went ahead an ordered a genuine Mikuni. We'll swap it on tomorrow and see how she does.

So, all 3 nipples on the carb are vents? (two on the side side shown, and one on the bowl)

The carb is level. We pulled the bowl off right before making this post. The float seemed to be installed properly and move as it should.

I went ahead an ordered a genuine Mikuni. We'll swap it on tomorrow and see how she does.
Usually two vent tubes and one open barb, for convenience of packaging they put the hose on the open barb. Yes, confusing at the least.

No dice. Still no start.

Why would I be getting fuel pouring out of the hole (in post #1) and saturating my filter element?
Most likely the float is too high. Pull the carb and bowl, invert the carb and measure from the bowl seat to the bottom of the float.

Back