Carb issues again, come help.

If you can't feel any point of resistance that is greater at one point then you have no compression. Every engine has a compression stroke that displays a noted resistance. Do a compression test.

I think the plug is out hence no compression. W/the plug out use a long straw or other sumptin similar, pull on the cord till straw rises to the furthest point. Both valves should have a little play in them. If so your on the compression stroke and can adjust valves then. If both valve rockers are tight on the top stroke you need to go 1 more revolution for the compression stroke for the rockers to have some play. If pulling on the cord and only going in one direction is a problem take the flywheel cover off and turn the motor that way. That way it's easier to fine tune it to top dead center.

Well.... as it happens, my car mechanic now is dating the former wife (divorced now) of the mechanic I use to use across the road. So they were both outside.... I went and picked his brain a bit.

That puff of air I felt.... he called that the sweet spot. Said to put my finger over the plug hole, feel the puff... But he keeps telling me to turn the fly wheel to find that sweet spot when the arms are both up and the straw at it's highest point... not available to me, just the pull cord. And I really can't do this alone either. I have to hoover over the bike to pull the cord, and the big fat gas tank blocks any view I have of what's going on. I wish I could get someone who knows what they are doing to help me in person. Trying to figure this out myself, between forum posts is a royal pain.

THEN he also suggested a compression test. Which I cannot do. My car is down, will be for a few more weeks it seems. I have no way to go buy tools. (He sure didn't offer to loan me one either.)

I could try and see what this puff of air means, if that's the compression stroke?

Only other thought I had well... not sure this will work either.
Just keep trying to adjust when it's at the top of a stroke. I have a 50/50 chance it's the right stroke.

This purely sucks. Totally stranded here.

By the way.... if there is no compression... how can that be possible on such a lightly used motor?
Whole first season I had it, the thing had clutch issues. (NEVER buy a kit from thatsdax what a piece of SHlT.)
So wound up basically replacing the clutch, the whole transmission.... first season shot.

Second season (last summer) Carb issues, finally just bought a new one. I DID get the valves adjusted right. (Probably got my 50/50 guess right first try.) So had a fairly good riding season till late when it got harder and harder to start this thing, and the lag between giving it fuel and going started.
Didn't really do that much riding. Basically all summer there is a concert in town once a week, 15 or so miles away.
SO figure 30 miles a week for about 3 months. Not a lot of miles.

That brings us to this year. So how could rings be bad so soon? I literally put thousands of miles on my old 2 stroke before it needed rings. This is suppose to be better? It's not.

It's the red/black plastic cover that the pull start attaches to. Under that is a flywheel w/fins protruding from it. W/the plug out you can turn the crankshaft easily using that flywheel to turn it.

Ah, ok, got hubby home for the weekend. Might not get to this for a few days now. Thanks, got a new goal to shoot for at least.
Thanks again.

I was reading through and it seems like no one mentioned why the gap on the exhaust side got tight and seen over on another thread you may be working on this again. It seems like you may have got your engine too hot and burned your exhaust valve sinking it into the head. If you can't get the engine to make any compression you may need to regrind the valve if there's room or possibly get a new head. What kind of exhaust are you running?

Yea I got totally frustrated with it last spring and gave up. Need help from someone who actually knows what they are doing who can figure out what is wrong and show me how to adjust/fix, what ever.
But... I did borrow a compression tester last spring and it does have compression.

Best photo I have now.... wrong side I know. Also... I shot a video of a whole bike ride and put it on youtube before it started having issues. The first part of the video shows several views of the bike. Maybe that can help with the "what kind of exhaust" question?
here.
Bike ride

Back