Carb Jets

Ok, so I will check the size of my jet if I can, and if it is actually .78, can I put a bigger jet in it to compensate for more airflow? The bikeberry rep said I can. It is a newer model engine with a high performance carb, that's why it's .78
Wow, you will not get more air flow from your contraption,look up how much volume and what speed is required to exceed the 14.7 psi of atmospheric pressure,never happen dude!

Can someone educate me on why atmospheric pressure has anything to do with airflow to carburetors? I would assume a larger intake and air rushing in at 35 mph instead of 1 mph or whatever it is usually will cause more air to flow into the carburetor.

you can put the biigest intake that you want but your throat of your carburetor is only capable of flowing x amount of air. in other words your trying to fit a gallon of s**t in a 1 quart jug. it wont all fit. secondly atomospheric pressure is roughly 14.7 psi which means the air is already flowing faster than your 35 mph speed. you need to go much faster than that to force induction thru the intake.

Ok, thanks. Probably non existent or not worth doing, but what the hell, can I buy a bigger throat or shave off some of it?

with the right modifications to the engine and with a properly tuned expansion pipe you would be able to run a bigger carburetor. jennings 2 stroke tuner handbook has everything you need to know in it

Actually the 14.7 is the ideal AFR (air fuel ratio) which is 14.7:1. If you want more air/fuel to go through your engine, it has to be ported. A bigger carb and bigger exhaust or like GreasyChris says TURBO!

Back