carb on my honda

MasterLink

Local time
11:48 AM
the other day i parked my bike and had a few days off well i went to start it and didn't see any gas in my filter ,,,,looked in the tank and ....bone dry i ..had gas when i parked it well i got some gas tried to start it and i smelled lots of gas well i said its flooded ..open the throttle full blast and it stated then gas and oily bubbles started to come out the back of the carb i was like **** turned the bike off checked the oil and all this gas oil mixture came flying out ...the drain plug i thought i blew a head gasket ,, i called jermy he said theirs no head gasket and said the valve most be open leting gas seep down the eng. i drained the old oil and gas out the crank case ..filled with new cleaned out the carb checked to see the the float was working right it was .. but its still happing some times and i have been turning off my gas at the tank but its still flooding my carb i can tell cas it it dosen't start by the 1 -2 pull its flooded ..any one can help on what i can do to fix it for good

Honda, overfull crankcase

HI Masterlink, well I had that happen with my HS 4-stroke, and I was bummed, might want to change the oil again just to be sure you are purged.
#1 make sure your petcock is clean and shuts off well
#2 use the shutoff on the carb
#3 keep an eye on it, it is very hard on the engine to run it full of Gas0oil

Mine only did it once, and HS does not have the carb shutoff.

If you suspect your shut-off, drain the carb when you shut down, and try draining it again before you restart.

Mike

it was a spec of paint in the carb.seat of the float had to use a flash light to see it ..its running like a caddie again

it was a spec of paint in the carb.seat of the float had to use a flash light to see it ..its running like a caddie again

Back