carb problem

Remove the float bowl from the carb. leave the carb installed on the engine. Put something under the carb to catch fuel and, then open the fuel shut off valve. Let about 2 or 3 tablespoons full of fuel drain. Did it quit flowing? remove the gas cap and see if the flow starts back up or increases. You might have a cap that is not venting! CLEAN is the most important word here. Clean tank, clean intake screen on the shut off valve and clean float bowl. It will not take much of anything to stop the flow of fuel.

If you go to the trouble to clean all of the above, why not put an inline filter on now. This will insure that nothing gets back into the float bowl of the carb. If you wait untill later, you might still get gunk in there and have to remove the float bowl again.

Papa

Last edited by a moderator:
Did it quit flowing? remove the gas cap and see if the flow starts back up or increases. You might have a cap that is not venting! CLEAN is the most important word here. Clean tank, clean intake screen on the shut off valve and clean float bowl. It will not take much of anything to stop the flow of fuel.
Papa

I had this problem of the tank causing a vacuum, simple way to solve is just to drill a very small hole in the top of the fuel cap.

Nick check the head for oil around the gasket. Re-torque the headbolts if there is any. My bike did exactly the same thing. Got less and less torque, my head was leaking losing compression. I hope that's what it is cause that's a easy fix. GL

Back