Carb rebuild

Before you go and buy anything, pull the carb off the engine and remove the float bowl on the bottom. Be careful not to damage the gasket, look very closely at the float. Does move up and down? On the side there will be a jet for the fuel to come in with a needle to stop the fuel when the float is up. This little needle and jet can get dirt wedged in there and prevent it from operating correctly, which usually is the fuel never stops flowing.
Slip the little pin on the side of float out to remove the float, pay close attention to the way everything come s apart. Inspect, clean and reassemble. The tiniest particle can keep it from working the way it should.

Great video. Did not expect to see a video with this carb. I'll try the fuel mod. Sounds straight forward. Did not see him block off or jb weld anything. Do you think this mod will help with the leaking issue?
That's what I was referring to

Watch this video on how to do it Propery

If the mod doesn't stop the leak.. I'll try that. Really worried about gaskets. Dont have access to new ones. Have no idea how old this thing is.

Before you go and buy anything, pull the carb off the engine and remove the float bowl on the bottom. Be careful not to damage the gasket, look very closely at the float. Does move up and down? On the side there will be a jet for the fuel to come in with a needle to stop the fuel when the float is up. This little needle and jet can get dirt wedged in there and prevent it from operating correctly, which usually is the fuel never stops flowing.
Slip the little pin on the side of float out to remove the float, pay close attention to the way everything come s apart. Inspect, clean and reassemble. The tiniest particle can keep it from working the way it should.

Back