Carb replacement

Ragekillen

Local time
9:35 PM
Hello. My stock carb is a leaky "SOB" and I would like to replace the carb with this one

https://www.ebay.com/i/201304085850

The issue I face is the carb is already smashed against the frame due to the size of my bike if I lean the engine to far down it hits the top if its angled to far up it hits the back there's only 1 sweet spot where it fits and the new one is even larger

What I'm wondering is, is there a L shaped carb pipe I can buy so it comes out the side instead of hitting the back and will that new carb work on my 50cc engine

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
how the hell does that thing even run the carb is placed 90 degrees no wonder it leaks lol go to a hardware store and take your intake manifold and put some plumbing pipe on it or a gas resistant rubber hose and hang the carb the right way out the side there great carbs if you have them propped up right and turn the gas off every time you put it away they don't leak

I have the same bike and used a piece of pvc hose to move the carb. off to the side to clear the seat tube. All you need is a thin wall tube to fit in the carb. and the pvc hose and two hose clamps.

Attachments

• Granite Peak Motor Bike 003.JPG
    Granite Peak Motor Bike 003.JPG
    214.3 KB · Views: 157
Carb is leaking because it is not installed properly at all. Think about the inside of the carb and how the float works, then imagine the inside of your carb.

Needs to be as straight as possible or else the float may not close and gas will pour out of the filter. Get an offset intake for like $6 and fix all your problems without changing the carb.

When you install your motor it should be close to level. If carb is leaning towards rear tire it's going to leak out the filter

Here's a photo of a kit currently sold on Amazon.
Note the position of the NT carb, LOL

This could be why some people without any clue about carbs mount them upside down. Maybe they look at the picture to see how it goes?

Attachments

• 1544046268544.png
    1544046268544.png
    374.2 KB · Views: 147
I actually didn't realize the carb was sideways in that picture. I took that picture right after finishing the build, as you may be able to tell no fuel is in the fuel line at that point. the carb orientation was fixed before i filled it with gas and it was leaking that is why I posted here

but anyway i got a new carb intake pipe that sits on the outside the frame right under seat and now it seems to have stopped 95% of the leak. i expected it to leak just a bit normally as it is a cheap 2 cycle engine kit so i will call this issue fixed. cant wait till i am done with the break in period though as oil is leaking from muffler and i assume this is because my ratio is 16:1 and normally/soon after break in will be 20:1

yeah, my Adventures 700c was a real tight fit too with normal carb then going to a SHA clone, I had to smash the filter in. fed up with that, I got the offset intake and actually got some low-end kick for cheap but offsets right, touching the expansion chamber. so 5" of silicone hose 45 deg. angle for a fix.

Back