Carb slide won't slide smoothly

I also replaced the spring in the carb slide to a stiffer one to be able to push slide back down. So far it seems to be working.

Carb slide got tighy

Mine just started to do the same thing, man it stayed in full throtel but then let up, it hapened twice. I took the spring out and streached it, jt worked for awhile, so I took tbe carb off and noticed it was worped, now I tryed to put it back on, and I cant get jt to slide down all tbe way, I ,ined jt up right but the twist grip isent working right, i think mines shout. Might try to bend it back in shape, dont know

slide doesnt move smothly

The carb body, it seemed like it warped all by jt self, I do tighten the screw real good that holds the carb on, it seemed to start when I put strate synthitc oil in it. I tryed to bend tbe warp out with channel ,ocks, now I cant get the slide to slide down at all. Going to my stock carb till I order another one, the new still carb

I had the same problem a while ago. The carb body distorted very slightly, jamming the slide, when the top cap was done up tight. The top cap was badly formed. I put a fibre washer inside the top cap to cure the problem.
Sounds like it was probably a similar cause or the over-tightening that did it.
It wouldn't be related to the synthetic oil.
As you discovered, that sort of distortion is virtually impossible to fix.

Slide barrel worped

Well I shouldnt of tryed to straten jt out with channel locks, oh well. i realy liked the extra pick up it had, im going to order another one, Spooky Tooth, sometimes takes two or three weeks sometimes to receive it sometimes. At least now I know what to do, finger tite and blue lock tite it, and now I have the mm ruler to check the float level. I heard the stock slide on the NT carb is the same as the new stile carb slide, cause I used the stock slide to check in the new stile one and it gets stuck half in

I didn't mention that even after sorting out the distortion problem, out of the three slides that I have here, only one fitted really well.
(Watch out for slight dents in the slide too - they'll make it stick.)

bigger jet

I was thinking of putting a jet out of my new stile carb, which doesent work now in a stock carb, to see what it does, if its to muvh gas Ill change it back

Can't hurt to try it, if it fits, just be careful that the mixture doesn't lean out too much. (Will only happen if the jet you're trying is actually smaller.)
With any jet changes, keep a good eye on the plug colour and if it goes whitish or grey, change back immediately.
That especially matters if the engine seems to rev out much better than usual - it can indicate an over-lean condition, which can lead to a melted piston or seized engine.

If it goes black or the engine 4-strokes, particularly at WOT, then the jet is too big.
(The engine will also smoke more when the mixture is too rich.)

slide problems

Man, I put the stock carb on, but didnt change the cap from the worped on, tighten it down with my fingers, road it and it had a small air leak, came home and changed the cap, but couldnt put the stock slide in it, it was to tight, so I changed the cap, and left the smaller slide in it, it idels fast then slows down. Thats all I got left. I thought of getting some puddy and put some around the cap to stop the small leak, till the other carb comes. Oh ya I didnt check the plug yet, I will before I take off

Back