Carb upgrade vs stock NT

Poor boy

Local time
10:52 PM
Hey all,
I've been toying with upgrading my carb for a little bit. I've ported my motor rather extensively and put on a pipe and seem to at the limits of the NT. Should I upgrade carbs or port the stocker? Thanks!

You can always go to a PZ19, but then you need a custom intake. An NT is 13 mm ID and the PZ is 16 MM, which is more like the size of the intake port.

Ok awesome. I actually ported the nt last night cause it’s free. I’ll get back with results today.

Ok awesome. I actually ported the nt last night cause it’s free. I’ll get back with results today.
Ported the carb? How, explain since the nt is 14-15mm through the bore and the slide is the same size! This mean's that if you open the bore beyond the dia of the slide it won't work right.

Idk bro it fires and I just ran it. It’s a little lean but runs great. I took out the lip going into the carb to the intake and made it flush with the opening. I did the same to the other side. It works good

Idk bro it fires and I just ran it. It’s a little lean but runs great. I took out the lip going into the carb to the intake and made it flush with the opening. I did the same to the other side. It works good
Ok so you didn't actually change the bore just smoothed the transition into it.

Both. You know the ramped lip that goes to the carb? I eliminated that by making it flush with the bore

I’m getting a drill bit that’s the same size tonight so I can make the transitions smother because they aren’t perfect

Back