Carby Carb vs Carb

Ok well here's my 2 cents worth the stock NT carb is the best suited to a stock engine due to it's simplicity of service and ease of tunability,There are of course better carb's out there the best one for a slightly done up engine being IMO the vm 18 from Mikuni but it's more complicated to service and takes more knowlage to tune.An unworked meaning box stock engine and exhaust can only breath so much as it pumps in and out putting a bigger carb wont nessesarly make it better and can actualy make it worse,Do some research as how to really improve the performance first and then chose your upgrades with a better understanding of what it will do.

My experience is with the NT carb and the RT Dellorto clone carb. I am tired of all the idling issues.

I'm gonna try a motorcycle upgrade that has a real idle circuit.

Stock engine NT is the one for you. Compression has nothing to do with the carb you choose. When talking about the best carb, what is your goal is a good question. What is your compression is impertinent. Port timing, port modifications, piston port vs reed valve intake, performance exhaust, all of these will determine the type of carb that will best benefit your needs.

Thinking about replacing my stock carb for a HP carb. Will I notice a difference?
I'm not too sure about performance but operation there is a big difference with a TN if you let motor cool for 5 minutes you half to rechoke it each time and the choke arm is 1 inch hard to find dangerous to you must take your mind off road right into a car or obstruction mine don't know the name has a 4 inch choke on the left side so you can control your throttle without it killing on you but every other gallon I half to wash the filter in gas keep oil off. I seldom half to choke my carb until temperature is near teens.

Damn forum board has a bug can't upload a pic.

Back