Carb yoshimura 24 & 26mm on Dax and takegawa engine

PipetteMC

Local time
3:48 PM
I have a takegawa engine on a Dax and I have 2 carburettors of 24 and 26mm they are TM MJN and I made a mistake that causes me problems my engine does not start anymore or once in a while. I had to change the ball, the needle and the spring by mistake
I'm not sure if it's possible that the fact that I'm swapping the needle spring and the ball spring, even if it's flat, is preventing me from starting properly. Thanks

Are you talking about in the float bowl? The only flat side carb I've ever played with is the OKO.

I'm talking about this Yoshimura TM MJN 24mm/26mm carburetor

Attachments

• 30FCD0C9-3547-48E0-A1F1-6B2ED5D1FED3.png
    30FCD0C9-3547-48E0-A1F1-6B2ED5D1FED3.png
    772.3 KB · Views: 130
I know what the carb looks like, just don't know where the ball, needle and spring came from.

A sorry under the red cover there is the spring and the flat ball as well as the rod I make photos in the day

how big is that motor? What CC is it?
it could be too big of a carb for that motor.

I wonder if I made a mistake if I crossed the bushels and needles and springs of the carburetors
That is to say if I put the needle of the carburettor of the 24 in the carburettor of the 26 and conversely
For example when I compare the 2 carburetors I see that the body of the carburetor is the same but the spool has a needle more or less long by logic (can be wrong) I put the needle spool the longest on the 26 can be I'm wrong?

The 24 is probably the right size for that engine, if you put it back to OE it should work.

I wonder if I made a mistake if I crossed the bushels and needles and springs of the carburetors
That is to say if I put the needle of the carburettor of the 24 in the carburettor of the 26 and conversely
For example when I compare the 2 carburetors I see that the body of the carburetor is the same but the spool has a needle more or less long by logic (can be wrong) I put the needle spool the longest on the 26 can be I'm wrong?
With starting issues the needle, spring, needle jet don't really have much to do with it, the pilot jet has a separate circuit/passage that is used for start up and idle. The spring's shouldn't really matter at all though the needle will make a difference just off idle and up to a point around 3/4 throttle and really best not to be lean here or anywhere for that matter so you may want to look up which needle is right for each carb. You may also want to check that the pilot jet and it's passage is clean and free of any debris as today's fuels clog stuff up pretty easily.

Back