Carby carb ?

Discussion in '2-Stroke Engines' started by sk8freak8989, Mar 20, 2007.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. sk8freak8989

    sk8freak8989 Guest

    on the carb on the enigine there is this little cap on this tube that i can push down. it is like spring loaded. does anybody know what this is.

  2. Charlie

    Charlie Guest


    Some folks call this thing a "tickler" (not sure why). Anyway, it's kinda like the choke bubble on a lawnmower. Press it and it shoots a little gas into the carb to help get it started.
  3. sk8freak8989

    sk8freak8989 Guest

    thanks for the help
  4. Hugemoth

    Hugemoth Guest

    Here's how it works. It's simply a small pin held up by a spring. When you push it down the end of the pin contacts the float, pushing it down slightly. This opens the needle valve and lets the float bowl overflow into the venturi if you hold it down long enough.