Carbon build up

Seafoam 60ml per gallon mixed in the fuel everytime. You can also use plain old water in a mister bottle and spray a fine mist into the carb as the bike is running. Use the throttle to keep the bike from stalling as you keep spraying. The mist turns to steam and cleans the inside of the cylinder. Add to much water and the bike will stall out.

Hey guys I'm having an issue with carbon buildup and I don't know why it's happening. I'm posting pics, any help is appreciated.
20220614_112330.jpg
20220614_112352.jpg

2stroke 50cc.. running 36:1 w/ 91octane.
Octane level has nothing to do with being ethanol free.
I am running 32:1, (4 ounces of oil to one gallon of gas), using 87 octane Ethanol-Free gasoline....(High Octane is only good for high compression motors, these China Girls are not high compression motors.)

Use a quality, 2 cycle full synthetic oil.

I also add just one ounce per gallon of gas, a proven, Octane Booster that actually works without Ethanol added to its formulation.
(This gives it just enough octane boost for a CG motor when using 86 or 87 octane ethanol-free gas). If you can get ethanol-free gas at a higher octane, you will not need the octane booster.

This combo of all three items leaves no carbon or ash build up, no real wear and tear on moving parts.

I do not use "gimmicky" spark plugs, only NGK-BR6HS for Winter time use and NGK-BR8HS for Summer time use gapped at .025 (thousandths).

Just so you know, when the Chinese builders give you a recommended octane rating to use, just like centimeters, (80cc actually being 66cc in the USA), their gas octane levels are of a difference from ours as well...Many people, even most here in the forums, are not aware of a difference in octane rating numbers in most of the world versus the octane number system used here in the USA.

There are two different ways to measure octane rating — Research Octane Number (RON) and Motor Octane Number (MON). The Motor Octane Number, being measured under more stringent conditions, is almost always lower than the RON. The US uses something called the Anti-Knock Index (AKI), which is just the arithmetic mean of the RON and the MON, whereas almost everyone else uses just the RON.

If China says use 93 octane, (they are using the RON measuring standard), it is actually 85 to 86 octane by USA standards using the AKI method, (R+M/2) as it is marked on the gas pumps here in the US.

There is a 7 to 8 point difference between the numbers used by China and many other places in the world including Europe vs the number value used here in the USA to rate the octane content/capacity of gasoline...I have no idea what Australia uses as its method to ascertain octane rating, maybe @Anton will let us know if he sees this...lol.

Seafoam 60ml per gallon mixed in the fuel everytime. You can also use plain old water in a mister bottle and spray a fine mist into the carb as the bike is running. Use the throttle to keep the bike from stalling as you keep spraying. The mist turns to steam and cleans the inside of the cylinder. Add to much water and the bike will stall out.
I've had real good results with seafoam in the past. Carbon clean up , injector clean up, winterizing, etc.

"I have no idea what Australia uses as its method to ascertain octane rating, maybe @Anton will let us know if he sees this...lol."
A. Aussies use that funny math unlike us Americans!

Back