Carbon Monoxide Poisoning On Frame-Mounted Engines.

5-7HEAVEN

I rode my bike to work today, a 5-mile run.

I noticed feeling dizzy on the days I use my MB to commute to work.

I have a hunch it's carbon monoxide poisoning. The stock muffler's short tip points forward, right below my head/helmut when I'm riding.

My son will bring the van to carry me and the bike home. No more riding until a solution is found.

Last edited by a moderator:
I get a little dizzy from longer rides, but I think it's more from the vibrations. I have the standard muffler pipe that points down and back... a longer pipe for you is the obvious answer (so obvious, I feel silly posting it, but I did anyway)

I really doubt it is CO poisoning provided you are riding faster than 1mpg and not driving in an inclosed space.

Too bad the stock muffler's tailpipe is only 1/4" in length, too short to stick a tailpipe or length of hose. I've usually run a power pipe with hose running towards the rear wheel.

I ordered a Happy Time SBP expansion pipe, which SHOULD work on this engine and extend towards the rear. Pablo said it shipped out yesterday, should be here in a few days. Until then, I'll let the bike sit.

I'm almost 64 years old. I can count the number of headaches I've had in my life on one hand. Never had a headache that lasted all day like this one.:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
It would seem odd that CO would effect you on a MB. I can see in the garage, with the door closed or something. But while moving?? I dunno. For sure the chamber will help, plus easy to extend, add optional muffler, etc.....

Almost forgot - I will be on Oahu all next week. Staying near Ko'lina. Give me a shout!

I kinda doubt that it's CO poisoning as well, but I would feel like a jerk if I tried to convince you that it isn't and have it turn out that it is, you know what I mean?

I started feeling better as soon as I hit the bed last night. Ok today.

I know what you mean. Thanks for your concern, Miss Baron. Pipe, of course, should be extended past rider.

SBP piupe is in the mail, should arrive soon, should work well.:geek:

Back