Carborator noob

Harrypph

Local time
12:19 PM
20180917_165519.jpg

Ok so as the title holds I am a noob to carborator so please leave answers as simple as possible
- I've just got a new carborator because the (idle?) Screw fell out of my other one (don't question how) and I just installed this one. But I'm not sure where the hoses go. I'm assuming the brass looking one is fuel but I'm having a problem that the one above that is leaking fuel after a while just before the engine comes to a halt (continuing to leak after as well)
Do I need to adjust something or loosen something?
Thanks for your help :)

Attachments

• 20180917_165440.jpg
    20180917_165440.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 149
Probably a stuck or sunk float. You may be able to fix it by tapping on the bowl. The lower (brass) fitting is the fuel inlet. The curved one I'm not sure about, never used it.

pretty sure the upper hose should plumb to the airbox or filter for a closed-loop system. EPA approved engines don't vent vapors to the air, they are recycled to combustion

I have a issue.....No fuel entering carb. Will run for a few seconds with shot of starting fluid. But no gas entering carb. Even when I press the button near idle control. It's a 49cc

Steel curved outlet is an overflow for the fuel bowl, when it's used it just dumps fuel to the ground. As far as gas coming out of it means your float isn't shutting fuel flow from the tank off via the needle when bowl is full. You just need to take it apart and eyeball everything to ensure it's working correctly. There's youtube vids to guide you if you search for them. Old carb can be used for parts.

xShocker what button are you pressing? Is this a 142f engine with a diaphragm carb?

xShocker what button are you pressing? Is this a 142f engine with a diaphragm carb?
Idk. The basic carb that comes with the 49cc kit. I just poked the fuel line entrance to carb with a plastic toothpick. It was clogged. I'd like to upgrade it. Would a high performance carb give me more pick up and go or better gas mileage? Off topic. Need a good muffler that spits exhaust out near rear tires.

49cc just doesn't get it as far as folks being able to help answer your ?s. What motor is it, 2 stroke, 4 stroke and who makes it? Is it the HT generic 48cc etc?...………..………………………..

2 stroke. And Idk the specs. The 49cc kit you get off ebay. Ive put roughly 2,000 miles on this engine. This is Second bike, first bike frame broke in 3 spots after JBweld and 1,500 miles. Want something bigger but if I can tweak this engine instead, or do I have to rework my whole set up for 66cc or a 80cc? In Florida you can drive legally under 50cc.

2000 miles? Your not a newb at all. What was your question again?

Back