Carby Carbs

E

Egor

Anyone out there using another carb on there China engines. I ditched the original carb, and I will never go back. The one I am using came from an old Yamaha, but any good carb, correct size should do. There was one I saw out there but I cant remember who had it listed, but it slipped right on and only needed a spacer on the Motor mount to get a little room. Look for the Idle Mixture Screw and you have it. I think anyone who tries a good carb will be amazed. Have fun, Dave

PS: Any one using a Walbro?
OK - Ill look for the place to buy them, I think it was about 60 - 70 bucks. I think everyone would like the way it adds to the engine. I am suprised to find it is not more common to see the new carb.[/b]

List the actual benefits it has over the standard carbs. and the exact models which are compatible, along with websites to purchase them?

Not trying to ask too much, but a bit more info would be cool, and I'm willing to bet some of us would go buy newer carbs if we knew where to purchase them and which ones.

Egor I would ask mike when I spoke to him on the phone he talked about somebody using one. I see no reason why it would not work. :D

There are so many folks in the forum there has to be one that has the newer carb. I know Don GruBee has had it on his sight, but I find it hard to find a place to buy the parts. I have a club and am a part of another forum, I think they have talked about the carb with a Idle mixture setting. Have fun Dave
2014_PICT0401_1.jpg

PS: This is off an old Yamaha, it was a rotary valve eingine so there is no provision for an air filter.
SlicerDicer said:
Egor I would ask mike when I spoke to him on the phone he talked about somebody using one. I see no reason why it would not work. :D

I think it is a 18mm, on these engines it is not necessary to see how big you can get, just how good. There is nothing you can do to the intake port to get a proper runner for a large carb, and you don't need it any way. The original carb sold with this engine just barely works, if the concept was any good then why is it you don't see them on a small motorcycle. You give away all the low end performance,besides fighting to get it to idle, with no idle jet. Have fun Dave
Bikeguy Joe said:
Which Mikuni is that? I mean what mm?

Yeah, I wouldn't go any larger than a 22mm with these bikes. I agree with the statement that if these carbs were a litlle larger you could use them and a wheel chock.

They are MUCH more primitive than a model airplane carb fer cryin' out loud!

I found a pretty good looking carb, it is an Amal 15mm, $82.50. The oly place I can find it though is MopedShop, They have the correct sleeve to adapt it to the manifold, I don't like the cable runners, but it would be ok. The air filter looks like it would actually work. Have fun Dave
2014_15_amal_8250_1.jpg

Hey Dave, good thread.......I wonder why it hasn't caught on yet? The little Mikuni carbs like the one you are running there is a great carb and very easy to tune (jets are avail most any off road shop can help). I agree that using a carb without a pilot circuit is a frustrating situation at best, the VM18 Mik has all you need AND would be easily tunable for a nice reliable idle and xlnt high speed running. Those carbs are avail lots of places for around $70 I believe, I manage an off road repair shop and can find out for sure.
I saw the picture you posted of your setup and immediately thought of those little 80cc Yamaha scooters from around the 60's, does the carb you have mount right up to the Chinese manifold? Would be cool if it was a simple as that huh?! Did you have to fool with the jetting to get to run correctly?
I am days away from ordering a Dax engine kit for my beach cruiser and I refuse to put up with the sub standard single jet carb they make you use.
I'll find out who has those 18's.

Back