Carburator

I try to exclusively use the gas station a few miles away from my house as it has a dedicated 92 corn free pump. Otherwise if i have to use the closer station which is a single hose for all grades i put the first 2 or 3 gallons in my truck then fill my can. Sucks to pay high grade money for low grade fuel but it's better than rebuilding your carbs on everything all time. I try to be careful about where i put gas in my motorcycle as those carbs really suck to clean.

oh the horror on those yt threads from the purists! I'm lucky only couple bikes to worry abt. I also like using $15 carbs but I can see if you have a $75 carb,,

When it comes to gasoline in some places, it's a dilemma: buying low-octane often has ethanol, which our little old-school carbureted engines just don't like. The fuel goes stale within 3 months unless you use stabilizer. Carbs get gummed up.

If you buy the higher octane, which often doesn't have the bad kinda corn juice, you're also potentially buying stale fuel and it's at an octane that most of our's little engines can't make use of. It's like danged if you do or don't. Well, ****.

only buying 30 days worth of gas at a time doesn't sound that bad. I would be upset if I had an auto/motorcycle collection that I had to drain everything after I took it out for only 3 hours.

-but draining a NT bowl is cake. same for trimmers, chainsaws,..etc….but having to evac a car's fuel system would piss me right off

bad side effects of my riding habits I just noticed. I don't keep gas in the tank or carb bcs it sits for couple or more months at a time. the stock peanut tank is oxidizing inside and the bowl gasket in my carb is dry rotting

Back