Carburetor. Is this too slanted.

yuckfoo

Local time
8:23 PM
I read that up to 30 degrees of slant should be fine. I have an extended intake. Take note of my fridge in the second picture. It's obviously not that slanted. šŸ¤£Keep in mind the intake is probably a tiny bit less slanted than it appears.

Carb level 01.JPG
Carb level 02.JPG

omg, yes way to much!!! you can hack off some of the pipe and use some heater hose and the hacked nub to make an adaptor, then just hang it up with some plumber strap, or whatever you wanna use. plumbers strap is cheap, but not to pretty, pipe hangers are prettier.

no wonder you are having problems, the bowl either over fills or never fills. lol

omg, yes way to much!!! you can hack off some of the pipe and use some heater hose and the hacked nub to make an adaptor, then just hang it up with some plumber strap, or whatever you wanna use. plumbers strap is cheap, but not to pretty, pipe hangers are prettier.

no wonder you are having problems, the bowl either over fills or never fills. lol
Ok thanks. This is my second extended manifold. I cut the last Z turn off because carb wouldn't fit with it on. But then I went back and cut some more off because it was sticking out too much. But then it touched the clutch cover juuuuuuust a tiny bit too much for me to straighten it completely. I also bent it with a map torch. I'll buy another one and very carefully figure out how to get it where I need it and still be straight.

While I got you here.... šŸ˜ did you see my other post on it revving really high? I got the idle set so it would run with the clutch in but then if I gave it a small rev....no problems...but a big rev and it acted like the throttle was stuck but it is was not stuck. The engine would SCREAM....I hit the kill switch the first two times and it shut off...but the third time the kill switch didn't work and I had to let the clutch fly to kill the engine.

I checked for air leaks with WD-40 around the intake manifold. Just now I retorqued the head bolts. Three of them were loose. Also the two case hex bolts at the exhaust motor mount were very loose and one of the two on the other side was a loose.

Air leak, prob the intake if it is, or to lean on the a/f mix. if you think thats scary, be on a nitropropane fueled beast when it decides to just take off because you are too lean and way to hot a plug. I though it was going to explode, lol. Bout pee'd ma pants.

Get it started and use the mapp torch to find the leak.

Air leak, prob the intake if it is, or to lean on the a/f mix. if you think thats scary, be on a nitropropane fueled beast when it decides to just take off because you are too lean and way to hot a plug. I though it was going to explode, lol. Bout pee'd ma pants.

Get it started and use the mapp torch to find the leak.
I thought there was a good chance I blew it up the last time it happened. I had to start it one more time just to make sure it wasn't ruined. šŸ˜

I thought there was a good chance I blew it up the last time it happened. I had to start it one more time just to make sure it wasn't ruined. šŸ˜
As I said previously, this thing is haunted. The more adjustments I make to make it rich, the more it acts lean.

Use the map torch. That's brilliant! Thanks. No mess to clean off the engine. šŸ‘

I read that up to 30 degrees of slant should be fine. I have an extended intake. Take note of my fridge in the second picture. It's obviously not that slanted. šŸ¤£Keep in mind the intake is probably a tiny bit less slanted than it appears.

View attachment 158593View attachment 158594
If you turn the carb to the left until it's level front to back it will probably work better, but I'm afeared you'll run out of throttle cable if you do that.

Back