Carburetor. Is this too slanted.

I understand that the carb should be more level (left to right,) but for those of you saying the slope to the head is too steep I can tell you that the standard intake is almost twice as steep as mine. If mine won't work then this will never work.

View attachment 158603
The cylinder on the bike tilts the other way, you have that intake leaning toward the rear of the bike.

Lots of guys have mounted their engines in a way where there was too much lean in either direction, it is all because the stock parts aren't made to fit ALL bikes. They all end up with the same running issues that you're experiencing, leaning out.

The cylinder on the bike tilts the other way, you have that intake leaning toward the rear of the bike.

Lots of guys have mounted their engines in a way where there was too much lean in either direction, it is all because the stock parts aren't made to fit ALL bikes. They all end up with the same running issues that you're experiencing, leaning out.
Why would the intake leaning towards the engine lean it out? If anything it would provide more fuel, not less. I've never seen an engine yet where the cylinder leans the other way. Everyone's cylinder head tilts towards the front as far as I've ever seen. I don't understand what you mean by "the cylinder on the bike tilts the other way."

Is your bike still together? Have you tried running it just leaning the bike so the carb is level and revving it and letting it come back to idle?

They always say a picture is worth a thousand words. Your intake in .y hand and the engine on my bike.

Attachments

• 20211001_094800.jpg
    20211001_094800.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 178
They always say a picture is worth a thousand words. Your intake in .y hand and the engine on my bike.
Yes. Look at that slant! It's almost twice the slant my extended manifold has. The one on your bike has a steep slant to the head. The one in your hand is level. The one on my bike does not slant as steeply as the one on your engine. I'm not talking about the carb, I'm talking about the slope of the intake tube.

Yes. Look at that slant! It's almost twice the slant my extended manifold has. The on on your bike has a steep slant to the head. The one in your hand is level. The one on my bike does not slant as steeply as the one on your engine. I'm not talking about the carb, I'm talking about the slope of the intake tube.
Oddly enough, me too. In my pic the tube where the carb mounts is pointing to the ground, it should be straight back. Like on my bike.

If you look at the carb on my bike, the float bowl is level to the ground. That's all that matters. You can be off by apx 15 degrees, either way, or you would never be able to ride up a hill.

Oddly enough, me too. In my pic the tube where the carb mounts is pointing to the ground, it should be straight back. Like on my bike.

If you look at the carb on my bike, the float bowl is level to the ground. That's all that matters. You can be off by apx 15 degrees, either way, or you would never be able to ride up a hill.
Yes I'm confident I can level out the float bowl but at the cost of likely having the carb touching my leg as I ride. But the slant to my head from this extended manifold is less severe than the kit intake so I can't see how that is a problem. Fuel delivery seems to be part reliant on gravity with these things. The kit intake has two angles in its design. I understand the very small bit where the carb attaches should be level, but the larger bit that slopes down to the cylinder is almost twice the angle of my extended manifold so I don't see how that part could possibly cause a problem when it is less severe than most people's.

And not everyone was talking about that part. But someone somewhere suggested both angles were bad.

Yes. Look at that slant! It's almost twice the slant my extended manifold has. The on on your bike has a steep slant to the head.
Your missing the point here...of course the tube connecting to the engine is downward, what Chainlube and i have both been trying to show you is to make sure that the CARBIE IS LEVEL...Not slanting to far forward or backward...Thats where the float is and thats what you dont want to have defeated by an extreme carbie angle, plus the fact that since the tube is a downward angle, having the carbie downward at the same time towards the motor even more so will run lousy...If it even runs at all...DAMIEN

Your missing the point here...of course the tube connecting to the engine is downward, what Chainlube and i have both been trying to show you is to make sure that the CARBIE IS LEVEL...Not slanting to far forward or backward...Thats where the float is and thats what you dont want to have defeated by an extreme carbie angle, plus the fact that since the tube is a downward angle, having the carbie downward at the same time towards the motor even more so will run lousy...If it even runs at all...DAMIEN
I understand that. Someone though, was saying both slants were a problem. I can fix the slanted carb, but the slope to the cylinder is less severe than a kit intake and shouldn't cause any problems. Also though, the slant towards the cylinder certainly wouldn't cause a lean condition. If anything it would tend to flood the cylinder with too much gas.

I appreciate all the help. I want to get all the arguments in my head out of the way before the new intake arrives so that I can just concentrate on the cutting and bending I'll need to do. This bike wants all my money. 😝 By the time I'm done it may have been cheaper to buy a dirt bike bobber. 🤣

Back