Carburetor Positioning?

How can forced induction be a bad thing?

These motors depend upon air. Your topline RPM is basically the amount of air your engine can process. When you jump from say 5k to 8k RPM, that's a lot more air that must be delivered immediately into the system. Anything that helps that process has to be beneficial.
Not just these motors but anymotor runs on air.
Have to test out one of those electric turbos hooked straight to the intake shoving air in through an ice box but that's another story ;)

How can forced induction be a bad thing?

These motors depend upon air. Your topline RPM is basically the amount of air your engine can process. When you jump from say 5k to 8k RPM, that's a lot more air that must be delivered immediately into the system. Anything that helps that process has to be beneficial.

I just wondered if it being speed dependent made the air:fuel mix inconsistent.
I read about how changing the stock air filter to a less restrictive one makes more power but necessitates a readjustment of the mix because it doesn't automatically mean more fuel drawn in too at the exact same ratio. That would be a consistent change so easy enough, you make a little adjustment and that's that.
Forced induction might be different.. I guess with a single speed bike maybeee that is okay.. In my mind it spells leaner and leaner the faster you go.
Why don't we see air scoops on the majority of the bikes?
Interested to hear about what people think.

Because most people have noticed that one modification on a 2hp engine doesn't make much of a increase.... And actually the tuners that's on Fast and the Furious run better when they are extremely lean (also the reason why they blow flames) these bikes won't run right if they are a lean but if you think about it the very small air intake on the car prevents it from getting major air through the intake

Back