Carburetor pouring gas

I’m thinking about restarting my entire build with a new carburetor and a new bike frame. The faulty float wasn’t a big deal because I just opened and closed the gas cutoff to keep the bowl full, but since my last ride spokes have bent and came off of my back wheel and I noticed some damage to my frame from the chain rubbing. I have the kit on a chromoly frame track bike w/ 20c tires, looking at using a steel cruiser frame.
Put two washers on the engine side of wheel before you put the wheel on the bike. That will space the dropout outboard a bit and clear the chain.

Also looks like you have maybe a 48 tooth wheel sprocket, if you go to a 44 or 40 that will help clearance also.

I’m thinking about restarting my entire build with a new carburetor and a new bike frame. The faulty float wasn’t a big deal because I just opened and closed the gas cutoff to keep the bowl full, but since my last ride spokes have bent and came off of my back wheel and I noticed some damage to my frame from the chain rubbing. I have the kit on a chromoly frame track bike w/ 20c tires, looking at using a steel cruiser frame.
This may be helpful to you if you want to build a cruiser bike...This is how I did it and wrote this as somewhat of a tutorial...Just follow the links, even the links on the links, and you should get an overall idea where to get the things you may need, cost factors, and how to overcome some of the difficulties when they present themselves.

This is my cruiser in its present form.

DSCN0229.JPG

This may be helpful to you if you want to build a cruiser bike...This is how I did it and wrote this as somewhat of a tutorial...Just follow the links, even the links on the links, and you should get an overall idea where to get the things you may need, cost factors, and how to overcome some of the difficulties when they present themselves.

This is my cruiser in its present form.

View attachment 190240
I think I will switch over to a cruiser bike. I love the feeling of flying on a lightweight bike, but it is terrifying at 35mph. I’m going to look for a good deal on a new bike now. I’m gonna miss having a motorized bike that weighs less than a cheap mountain bike though

I think I will switch over to a cruiser bike. I love the feeling of flying on a lightweight bike, but it is terrifying at 35mph. I’m going to look for a good deal on a new bike now. I’m gonna miss having a motorized bike that weighs less than a cheap mountain bike though
Cruisers are easy to make ride smoothly and comfortably. You'll find that they aren't all they bad to ride

Back