Carburetor problems

Joel beller

Local time
7:03 AM
hey everyone the other day I ran out of gas on my 2-stroke 80cc motor on way home from work had to walk it to gas station put more gas and oil in it will crank up for maybe 4 minutes and then it shuts off and I cannot keep it running. I took carburetor off three times each time I did and cleaned it would start for 5 minutes and soon as I heated up it was shut off what could be the issue I swapped the gas out I used 3.5 oz of oil to 1 gallon of gas I've had my motor for one year. I bought a new carburetor hoping that might be the issue can anybody answer my question for me I really appreciate it. My carburetor should be in the mail today so I am going to put a new one on.I have new spark plug I put in I made sure my oil and gas mixture is correct now I'm just waiting for new carburetor to put it on and then go from there and I figure if it doesn't run it's something else besides what I replaced.. I have a motor from bikeberry.I really appreciate it if anybody can give me any tips..

Is the fuel flowing good out of the tank? How about after the inline filter? If not your filter(s) may be clogged and need replacing. You can take the filter in the fuel valve off, you don't need it. You just need the one inline filter.

yes I don't have a filter I just have my gas line connected to my peacock connect to my carburetor my gas line runs clearly I disconnected it from carburetor turn the gas line on it runs out Strong gas is going into the carburetor it's confusing me ill run for 5 to 10 minutes and then just shut down I'm getting spark so I ordered a new carburetor

Ok. Yeah that's a weird issue. The only other thing I can think of is your float in the carb got a pinhole in it and fuel is getting inside. Fuel will start flooding out the carb and your engine will shut off after a couple minutes. So, your new carb would fix that.

Hey thank you very much for writing back to me I will keep you posted in my new carburetor should be here today. I always watch videos on YouTube and that's how I've been fixing my motorized bicycle..

Sure thing. And welcome to the forum! This is a great forum for motorized bikes. Plenty of very knowledgeable and good people here, you can ask them anything and you can learn a lot from them.

Get a fuel filter, put it line from tank to carb. Remove carb from motor, take your fuel bowl off the carb, flip it upside down and carefully remove the float and needle. Now inspect inside the little needle hole (seat) for dirt and grit. The slightest little bit can choke off the fuel and make it die.

yeah that's what I did I took the carburetor apart three times cuz each time I cleaned it put it back together the motor would run for about 5 minutes and then just start bogging down and shut off I made sure I have the right oil and gas mixture and new spark plug I'm waiting on my new carburetor to come in the mail today put that on and I figure if that doesn't start and then I will go from there and see what else could be the issue.thks

Yeah I know sure the Jets and everything was clear and clean with carburetor cleaner.then after it would crank right up I'll ride it it's smoked a little bit and that was it and then just shut off.

Back