Carburetor problems

I just had a engine from a friend a month ago . He told me it would start but it would run for 5 minutes and die . It would start right back and die . Let it cool off a couple hours, run for 5 die .So I would agree with Street Ryderz too. Cracked cylinder very small crack at that.
Okay I'm going to buy a new piston the whole kit and the CDI figure replace everything so that way I know it's all new stuff starting to get frustrated

Okay I'm going to buy a new piston the whole kit and the CDI figure replace everything so that way I know it's all new stuff starting to get frustrated
A top end being cylinder,piston,ring's,gasket's will have you running again,if the cdi produces spark it's probably good and it can be checked with spark strength tester.

Have you tested the spark yet before even considering the CDI, very simple to do.

just pull out the spark plug...re-connect the sparkplug boot to plug, engage the clutch and by hand, spin the pedals and see if you can see spark...if you can, i would be looking for another problem, if not, than CDI/coil is where i would look.

i bet it was a gasket leak either in the crankcase or somewhere
Well, that was over a year and a half ago...I would hope he found the problem but i doubt it, Joel had multiple problems with his bike back then that i helped him with along with others...He also had massive damage done when a would be thief tried to steal it and when he couldn't, he tried to destroy it by picking it up and throwing the bike as hard as he could...He never did say in this thread if he found the problems or not and the last time he was online in the forum was August 9th, 2021...Look for the dates of these posts in future when replying to them.

You would be amazed how many ancient threads and posts people keep trying to add something to for no really good reason and have not read the previous threads from the OP that would help them to understand the history of the bike in question.

Here are ten pages worth of problems that Joel had with that bike.

Back