Carburetor question

Bigdave86

Local time
2:49 PM
If i use this setup how do i attach the maikuni 18vm 18mm on to this 40mm aluminum cnc intake oz reed valve device i see pictures and videos where they use the black rubber hose i can't find the name of material name what its called

Attachments

• ENGJL-OZRV-detail-parts__99397.1527749149.jpg
    ENGJL-OZRV-detail-parts__99397.1527749149.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 94
If i use this setup how do i attach the maikuni 18vm 18mm on to this 40mm aluminum cnc intake oz reed valve device i see pictures and videos where they use the black rubber hose i can't find the name of material name what its called
The OZ reed has three different intake diameter's available being 19,21,23 mm the 23mm will fit the vm18's clamp perfectly but you will have to shave the bolt heads to fit properly.

The OZ reed has three different intake diameter's available being 19,21,23 mm the 23mm will fit the vm18's clamp perfectly but you will have to shave the bolt heads to fit properly.
I see... There so many variety setup out there which is confusing for me because im still new and there a lot information throwing in the open air and there no straight honest answer when trying to gain information. which setup would you recommend to get the top speed? I speculate a lot bike tuners out there use the mikuni vm18 ( if im correct) over the gasbike.net or bikeberry.com carburetors how does the mikuni have the advantage over the other . why would the tuner use the mikuni instead over the counter vendor carburetors and why would the vendor sell us the opposite of something that is a lot better.

I see... There so many variety setup out there which is confusing for me because im still new and there a lot information throwing in the open air and there no straight honest answer when trying to gain information. which setup would you recommend to get the top speed? I speculate a lot bike tuners out there use the mikuni vm18 ( if im correct) over the gasbike.net or bikeberry.com carburetors how does the mikuni have the advantage over the other . why would the tuner use the mikuni instead over the counter vendor carburetors and why would the vendor sell us the opposite of something that is a lot better.
The Mikuni/OZ reed setup works well,you could see 50+ from that with a pipe and proper porting.Those vendor's are just trying to make a buck off cheap Chinese products from those whom don't know or are just stuborn and cheap.Some may work some may need modified to work and some is just crap,these guy's can steer you straight.

The Mikuni/OZ reed setup works well,you could see 50+ from that with a pipe and proper porting.Those vendor's are just trying to make a buck off cheap Chinese products from those whom don't know or are just stuborn and cheap.Some may work some may need modified to work and some is just crap,these guy's can steer you straight.
nice! you think i can hit 50+with mz65 pipe, 40 triple zeda engine (ported cylinder and window piston) and a OZ mikuni and CNC high performance head after the break in? thank for the input btw. Im thinking about doing this setup without dong to much modding my second option is Stihl 660 which i have no knowledge how it's done correctly.

I am using a 38mm balanced crank with a stuffed case and windowed piston with a G4 jug that's been ported and a BGF reed valve with a 21mm oko carb and a jog scooter expansion pipe. I hit 50mph everyday and the bike pulls hard thru the entire rpm range. I am also using a jackshaft so that I rarely have to pedal.

nice! you think i can hit 50+with mz65 pipe, 40 triple zeda engine (ported cylinder and window piston) and a OZ mikuni and CNC high performance head after the break in? thank for the input btw. Im thinking about doing this setup without dong to much modding my second option is Stihl 660 which i have no knowledge how it's done correctly.
It's quite possible with the right setup,you'd probably have to shorten the mz pipe some and keep port timing reasonable.

Back