"Cargo" capacity

wrngway

Local time
2:20 AM
I just started putting together an HT engine, just to get into the hobby. I chose it at first so I'd at least be able to run some errands with the pannier bags on my rear rack and the low startup cost.

If everything works out I'll probably want to move to something more reliable. As of now it looks like that means a rack mounted engine, which brings up a potential drawback of not being able to carry much in the way of groceries or other items.

How do you all deal with this? I don't want to have to pull a trailer and I'd only want to be able to carry a couple paper grocery bags at most.

Cargo

I use a backpack which works real well,don't think I could manage without it.I use a GEBE kit R/S 35.I have seen alot of guys use small trailers which I would like to as well,the only concern with the trailers is the overall weight,the rolling resistance is minimal.The Honda gx50 and the Mitsu.tle43 are probably capable of pulling the extra weight no problem.Have to decide which tradeoff works best for you.....Peace out.....Bill

GEBE with a pannier.

You can mount a pannier to the rear frame.

Attachments

• DSCF0597.jpg
    DSCF0597.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 250
  • DSCF0598.jpg
    DSCF0598.jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 226
Back