carrying extra gas for long summer trips?????

I'm sure this has come up before. I haven't checked the search function yet..
I use them for carrying ethanol for my camping stove but I wouldn't hesitate to try it for petrol.

OK that's fine and dandy, but what kind of atmosphere or weather are you riding in because we're experiencing a hundred degree weather here right now.
Because when you put a caustic liquid in a plastic bottle like that and it heats up it's going to expand,,,,idunno,,,,, what do you think about the Heat and expansion in a plastic bottle?

OK that's fine and dandy, but what kind of atmosphere or weather are you riding in because we're experiencing a hundred degree weather here right now.
Because when you put a caustic liquid in a plastic bottle like that and it heats up it's going to expand,,,,idunno,,,,, what do you think about the Heat and expansion in a plastic bottle?

Personally, ime it's fine with ethanol. It gets pretty warm in my tent on the beach. As for petrol idk, but Google images of African petrol bottles.. Idk how often they explode though. There are MSR fuel bottles available which fit into a standard bicycle water bottle cage (as Fabian used on his MB) but I would want to shade them from the sun.

Hey fury. When you see these Africans on YouTube or wherever what kind of pop bottles are they are they glass bottles are the Mountain Dew bottles Coke bottles?????????
And where are they carry on them are they putting them on their rear rack on a water bottle holder? I want to Google it , LOL,,,, I don't know what I would type? "'STILL LOL"'

Hey fury. When you see these Africans on YouTube or wherever what kind of pop bottles are they are they glass bottles are the Mountain Dew bottles Coke bottles?????????
And where are they carry on them are they putting them on their rear rack on a water bottle holder? I want to Google it , LOL,,,, I don't know what I would type? "'STILL LOL"'

LOL! Just the phrase "african petrol bottle" brings up quite a few examples. I really think that you could be over thinking this. An experiment in the back garden might give you a definite answer. Wouldn't want you to rely on hearsay from the internet, never know what might happen...

I will add that most MB'ers ride around with what is essentially an open container of petrol right under their nose every day, LOL.

I'm gonna stick with my original plans of using the cleaning bottle with the squeeze on it and a ring on the cab so that there's a little suction in their inside line rectangular insulated bag and the rear rack. I think we should keep this thread going for a while until we all try a few things and share our successes and failures

Back