Catastrophic failure

Whizzer Rear Wheel Drum Brake assembly , These are JUNK

Nicknamed "Rubber Band Brake":ROFLMAO:

DSCF0348.JPG
DSCF0349.JPG
DSCF0350.JPG

Dear MechMike219-Very sorry to read about the wheel failure!:( When I owned my Grubbee 49 cc motorized Cranbrook, I rarely exceeded 18 mph and all of the bearings were cleaned and repacked with quality Park grease. When I break in my 66cc Pk80 engine on my Hyper cruiser, I don't plan on exceeding 25 mph. I still fondly remember the arm length road rash I received after overinflating the rear tire on my Grubbee 49cc and losing traction on a curve going maybe 8mph! Those new production Whizzers, although beautiful to look at, had some serious QA issues that kept me from every purchasing one-Gearhead437

Those new production Whizzers, although beautiful to look at, had some serious QA issues that kept me from every purchasing one-Gearhead437

A Whizzer is the most reliable M/B available. Yes I have made some upgrades
My 2005 NE-5
DSCF9328.JPG

DSCF9332 - Copy.JPG

Pic taken Dec 2022 Today my Whizzer has almost 42K miles on her (y)
DSCF9603.JPG

The lack of parts support, due to the company closing, coupled with the valve seat issues on some models, kept me away from every buying one. It's like comparing a Ural to a Honda, although at least with a Ural the company is still in business-Gearhead437

The lack of parts support, due to the company closing, coupled with the valve seat issues on some models, kept me away from every buying one. It's like comparing a Ural to a Honda, although at least with a Ural the company is still in business-Gearhead437
It depends on the Honda and what parts. I can't find a new jug for my ct90 new anywhere

Compearing a CG 2 stroke or a HS 4 stroke to a Whizzer isn't saying much :ROFLMAO:

Yeah, that valve seat issue on the 1999-2004 WC-1 scared alot of folks away from considering a Whizzer
2005-2007 NE-5 were the best Whizzers produced and the 2007-2009 NER is good too
The WC-1 can be upgraded with the NE-5/NER/Cruzzer top end kit or even a new engine,
Most all Whizzer parts are still available today at www.whizzercruzzerparts.com
Yes Whizzer/Cruizzer parts are from the same manufacture in Taiwan

Back