Catastrophic failure

That really stinks. I myself am probably going to put a set of whizzer wheels on my bike this summer. Whizzers wheels have been going 55mph so, correct me if I'm wrong, I think they would be the safest spoke wheels one could get without breaking the bank.

That really stinks. I myself am probably going to put a set of whizzer wheels on my bike this summer. Whizzers wheels have been going 55mph so, correct me if I'm wrong, I think they would be the safest spoke wheels one could get without breaking the bank.
Most who have Whizzer's and ride them, change their wheels to Drum Brake Worksman Cycles Wheels 11 gauge spoke
Front Wheel part# 77A Rear Wheel part# 77RA

The Whizzer front wheel & drum brake is good But the rear wheel sucks, crappy hub, crappy drum brake,

By changing both wheels to Worksman it's a matching set
With shipping it's about $300

Most who have Whizzer's and ride them, change their wheels to Drum Brake Worksman Cycles Wheels 11 gauge spoke
Front Wheel part# 77A Rear Wheel part# 77RA

The Whizzer front wheel & drum brake is good But the rear wheel sucks, crappy hub, crappy drum brake,

By changing both wheels to Worksman it's a matching set
With shipping it's about $300
What's drum brake hubs do the Worksman wheels use on the Whizzer wheels? Are they sturmey archer 70mm drum brakes? Thanks.

USA manufacturer, they have their own machine shop to make parts. I almost worked there, it was a temp job for a few months so I turned it down.
wheelsmfg... a company that manufactures... wait for it.... not wheels.. lol. oh well.. moped wheels are still the latest idea sort of stumbled upon.. those drum brake hubs tho... not a fan but brakes are brakes. using my shoe against the tire to stop has saved me before but thats a one time e-brake and a ruined pair of DC's. i shouldve just hit the damn car, it was only a chrysler sebring.. probably on its way to a mechanic already to get the battery rotated behind another wheel... smh.. idk what triggered that but yeah..

Im really happy with the line pull hydraulics on 203mm discs. Its like throwing out an anchor.
I can see running drum wheels especially if period correctness is important.

Im really happy with the line pull hydraulics on 203mm discs. Its like throwing out an anchor.
I can see running drum wheels especially if period correctness is important.
i wanna try those line pull hydro calipers. youre the first thats actually said anything decent about em, or i might just run the full hydraulic front and rear set ive got once i make the brackets and replace the cracked reservoir on the master. ill have to make the lines also. i cut those and took what i needed.

They are the easiest/biggest bang for the buck as they simply bolt into place on most existing disc set ups. The last two pairs I bought were $40 shipped.
They may not be as powerful as the high end full hydraulic set up, but the are powerful. I use a single pull set up with the rear biased early. Stops the bike well at speeds a Minarelli generates.

They are the easiest/biggest bang for the buck as they simply bolt into place on most existing disc set ups. The last two pairs I bought were $40 shipped.
They may not be as powerful as the high end full hydraulic set up, but the are powerful. I use a single pull set up with the rear biased early. Stops the bike well at speeds a Minarelli generates.
I’m running one in the front and it does bite well. I had to reinforce the caliper mount. The caliper was moving under hard braking.
Bout to put one on the rear.

The reason I want the true pit bike calipers is they have much bigger pads. I have to believe the PB pads will last a little longer than my current pads. I can wear the current line pull hydro pads fast…

Back