Catastrophic failure

Im really happy with the line pull hydraulics on 203mm discs. Its like throwing out an anchor.
I can see running drum wheels especially if period correctness is important.
i wanna try those line pull hydro calipers. youre the first thats actually said anything decent about em, or i might just run the full hydraulic front and rear set ive got once i make the brackets and replace the cracked reservoir on the master. ill have to make the lines also. i cut those and took what i needed.
I am running those very same hydraulic line pull calipers as well...I'm very well pleased with them...I have the 160mm disk on the front and the 203mm disk on the rear.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I’m running one in the front and it does bite well. I had to reinforce the caliper mount. The caliper was moving under hard braking.
Bout to put one on the rear.

The reason I want the true pit bike calipers is they have much bigger pads. I have to believe the PB pads will last a little longer than my current pads. I can wear the current line pull hydro pads fast…
You are right. I have a pit bike set up on my fake Cushman and it stops the 190lb thing with authority. Cool thing is they come paired, master cylinder and caliper, already filled and bled. Just install. Components are massive compared to the bike setups.

well... as much as i hate to say it, bike broke again.. snapped the rear axle at around 50 ish and thats pretty much when everything decided to rip itself apart. im guessing once the axle broke the wheel shifted and hit the frame, so began the skidding and violent separation of sprocket from hub onto the chain jamming into the case and side cover. burnt a hole in my back tire from the 60 feet of asphalt it skidded a crossed. im also led to believe that when the chain jammed up, it bent my clutch shaft and im 110% positive it broke a bearing. ill load the pics of the destruction in a little bit. oh, it also bent the motor chain side frame dropout as well as cracking the frame just behind the bottom bracket where it splits off. ive already straightened the bent section and the crack will be getting addressed day after tomorrow. back to riding a spoke wheel again. sketchy considering its got junk caged ball bearings and a macguyvered sprocket/rotor combo rag jointed to a wheel i found in the trash.. it rolls tho.. so now im on the hunt for some badass and nearly bulletproof wheels that A) can withstand high speed B) durable for long rides C) both A and B. Im not sure if i wanna go back with mags again or if i wanna go spoke wheels. not opposed to either one tbh.. any thoughts or suggestions? they dont necessarily have to be complete wheels, if i can get ahold of hubs, i can lace them to whatever i want myself. an acquired skill that came along with being a hardcore dirtjumper and street rider, quite useless the last 15 years or so... till now.. lol

on a further note... im fine. i stayed uprite. that was the bmx'r in me and alot of luck. it definately couldve went down way worse than a couple broken bolts and a flatspotted tire. thats a constant reminder of Murphys law... Anything that can go wrong, will
good job keeping it up. countering an unexpected skid at 50mph and keeping it up is not easy. trust me i know! ive done the same thing with just way too much power, pulling the axle loose, and than the chain jams, all heck breaks loose.

What's drum brake hubs do the Worksman wheels use on the Whizzer wheels? Are they sturmey archer 70mm drum brakes? Thanks.

The brake assemblies can't be switched from Worksman wheels to Whizzer wheels their different,

I think the brake assemblies are made especially for Worksman, While the brake shoes can be replaced with aftermarket brands, the brake assembly is unique to Worksman (I think)

Worksman won't just sell ya the brake shoes either ya gotta buy the whole brake assembly.

Worksman drum brakes seem to last forever

I think their made especially for Worksman, While the brake shoes can be replaced with aftermarket brands the brake assembly is unique to Worksman (I think)

Worksman won't just sell ya the brake shoes either ya gotta buy the whole brake assembly.

Worksman drum brakes seem to last forever
Do you know or remember what size of brake drum? 70mm 80mm 90mm, or possibly a 105mm. Thanks.👍

Do you know or remember what size of brake drum? 70mm 80mm 90mm, or possibly a 105mm. Thanks.👍
Nope I don't remember, but I do have an extra set of Worksman Wheels hanging up in the garage
Maybe I'll check, but I'm not checking now I'll have to get ya that info later

Shoe size and drum size

Nope I don't remember, but I do have an extra set of Worksman Wheels hanging up in the garage
Maybe I'll check, but I'm not checking now I'll have to get ya that info later

Shoe size and drum size
No problem, I'm looking into something that could benefit you whizzer guys, & myself of course. I'm wondering if they are 80mm x 18mm wide shoes. They also make a 80mm x 20mm wide shoe. Later anytime is fine. No worries. Thanks

No problem, I'm looking into something that could benefit you whizzer guys, & myself of course. I'm wondering if they are 80mm x 18mm wide shoes. They also make a 80mm x 20mm wide shoe. Later anytime is fine. No worries. Thanks
Worksman Cycles Drum brake 80mm F&R same
I took pics just for you :ROFLMAO:

Worksman Front Wheel Drum Brake assembly 80mm
DSCF0338.JPG

DSCF0341.JPG

DSCF0342.JPG

DSCF0343.JPG

Back