CDH G2 Carbon Reeds

Cannonball3

Local time
7:21 PM
Bought these carbon reeds from CDH for 12.95 shipped. Figured an upgrade from the fiberglass stock G2 versions. Using the simple blow thru test they do seem more responsive than the glass versions. I really like the G2 reed set up. Seemed like a reasonable price.

Attachments

• 4804740B-1AB3-4F2B-8C39-79C418852D27.jpeg
    4804740B-1AB3-4F2B-8C39-79C418852D27.jpeg
    70 KB · Views: 88
They are a little choppy down low when new. Might mess with your idle. After they break in they are great. Real snappy throttle response. Add a saw carb and you'd swear its as quick as efi response times. I love mine. The biggest advantage is for the high rpm engines. Will keep the pedals from fluttering at high rpms.

Thanks for the insights. I have run a Stihi carb in the past on a piston port 66. It did run well. I finding the G2 to run
really well with the Bofeng. Am going to convert my NR80 to the G2. Its without a doubt the best running out of the
box engine I have ever had, hope it runs as well or better with the G2. The reeds improve the ranges I ride in the most.

Thanks, just ordered one, looks simple enough to convert. Like the fact it will pulse from the reed block instead of a separate hose.

I just cut the tube off the g2 intake, widen and add holes. You may have to make a spacer to bring it off the intake so the throttle can fully open. I use pocket bike velocity stack widened and a hole drilled offset to keep the choke from being blocked. They work real nice. For the throttle cable I cut off the nub and solder on a electrical eyelet (12-14ga I believe). Just make sure you have your cable through your guide before soldering on, or it wont fit through the adjuster.

Back