CDH Power DIO reed cylinder. Is this port timing normal???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone else is making a 1 piece cylinder/ head. Looks like the slant head.
I bought my engine off eBay from China and that's how I got that cylinder. The post showed a normal slant head and cylinder but that's not what I got
I think I'd hit the "return request" on that one, and they'll likely send you the engine they advertised without asking for the odd one back.

I think I'd hit the "return request" on that one, and they'll likely send you the engine they advertised without asking for the odd one back.
They only accepted returns if shipment is DOA. No longer an issue, it grenaded and I'm rebuilding the engine. But that cylinder was alot better at clearing the ports than what I have right now

They only accepted returns if shipment is DOA. No longer an issue, it grenaded and I'm rebuilding the engine. But that cylinder was alot better at clearing the ports than what I have right now
CDH is using a 40mm stroke long rod with B type piston and 2 base gaskets. So with the longer stroke and 2 bases the top of the piston opens the transfers almost if not completely. Your 38mm stroke with a single base won't work well with a cdh jug.

CDH is using a 40mm stroke long rod with B type piston and 2 base gaskets. So with the longer stroke and 2 bases the top of the piston opens the transfers almost if not completely. Your 38mm stroke with a single base won't work well with a cdh jug.
Note taken, I compensated with 3 base gaskets and sanded alot off the top of the cylinder. What you say makes sense for how it's set up stock.

Edit: Does anyone know where I could find a cylinder base plate to raise the cylinder without as many paper base gaskets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back