CDH Super PK 80 build

Stoneman

Local time
11:35 PM
New build and was wonder if some one could help me out with some of the pieces I need to finish it
I’m in need of the crank set and rear sprockets
I tried a disc from another mountain bike and the centre hole miss by 1-2 mm in diameter so I’m a little lost with that as well
The only other part I have is the seat
I’m waiting on parts for my other build so I got started on this one.
This will be my bike :)

Thanks
0D7F30A2-A546-4708-B458-E0BDD4F3EDA4.jpeg

AEE029BB-F48E-4F71-94E9-054524106B7B.jpeg

Slowly putting the pieces together

Crankset on its way and bars on there way

Hydraulic brakes fitted to the front, would love to get a set on the back though

8B8C6CCC-58B9-40CD-9A30-5A13522C4543.jpeg

was just working on that same kit yesterday, but that guy got it with diff motor - he had no disk on back, but his v-brake back there worked well - my poor old legs really struggled trying to pedal that tiny rear sprocket, and they gave him a 36T motor sprocket which made hill climbing VERY hard - not sure if my CDH A80s I sell (labeled PK80 on box) would have been enough to fix that

got it all working well though and didn't completely dislocate my back trying to ride it - nice looking bike as he went with white for wheels and frame with some black decals

I'm going to check out the local bike shop and see what they have for the rear, the fronts a 44 tooth.
same with the brake, will start with v brakes to get rolling on the rear until i find something else

My sons friend who purchased the "super pk 80" runs a 36 tooth with 26" rims and reckons it powers up hills so will see as hes a bit lighter than us :)

Yeah, I've just ground down teeth on a 41T for my bike, and think it will climb OK (hills here are like walls and run for 1/2 to 2/3 miles). Perhaps if I was at top of canyon rather than at bottom, I'd not be so concerned : )
Customer's bike had lots of room in back for a 7-speed if he wanted it, or most anything else.

Looks very neat. :) I wasn't expecting to see a stock CDI (or air filter) though. Are you doing that to test the effectiveness of upgrades?

Thanks Furry.
Yes, It was sort of built as a display bike but mainly I want to note the differences as they are added from stock
The motors ports have just been cleaned up only removing dags, I didn’t even knife edge the transfers so I can get a sense of where it is out of the box.
Jags CDI will be next and than one of CDH heads, I haven’t decided which one yet.
I have a mukini vm16 coming that will eventually be fitted when I start with performance mods and more than likely finish with a custom pipe built with jags calculator

I’ve added a speedo and a tach and temp sensor to monitor the progress

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Wireless sensor

Last edited:
Back