CDH Threadless Headset and Forks Help

Freddy Snottgrass

Local time
5:54 PM
On my threadless headset forks, there are splines at the bottom and the tube expands. There is wiggle room on the race, but it stops sliding down right above the splines. Do I press it down the splines?
IMG_20220416_123056620_HDR.jpg

Originally I thought the race slid all the way down in this video, but it does not. This is the video for the same kit.

I've watched that video like 5 times & to me in video his race does not seat against lower triple tree bracket either, there is a gap. Ive never used threadless head sets, but maybe it pulls up tight when everything is assembled.

I've watched that video like 5 times & to me in video his race does not seat against lower triple tree bracket either, there is a gap. Ive never used threadless head sets, but maybe it pulls up tight when everything is assembled.
I see that also now. When I first watched the video it was a "story" or whatever youtube's tiktok copy is. Couldn't see the video well. I think I got this. I am just intimidated by the monetary loss for a stupid screw up... This vid makes it seems like that isn't likely...

So I'm putting something together and I'm confused. I'm using I believe the same exact parts as this video and the bearing race slides right down to the base of the fork.

My forks do not allow that. There are splines at the bottom and the tube expands. There is wiggle room on the race. Do I press it down the splines?
View attachment 172176

I'd look up videos on installing that particular fork. It may very well be the fork can only be used in certain frames.

If you ever watched a professional bike shop do a fork install, it will blow your mind with the tooling they got to do it. They got a end cutter that squares both head tube shoulders at once, then a reamer that cuts the inside of head tube for the races. Then they got this fancy press that puts the races in. Its neat to watch if you happen to come across a video or get to see it done in person.

If you ever watched a professional bike shop do a fork install, it will blow your mind with the tooling they got to do it. They got a end cutter that squares both head tube shoulders at once, then a reamer that cuts the inside of head tube for the races. Then they got this fancy press that puts the races in. Its neat to watch if you happen to come across a video or get to see it done in person.
Your going to like this company if you haven't already herd of it...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220415-095728.png
    Screenshot_20220415-095728.png
    273.6 KB · Views: 135
Back