CDHPower cylinder head

Are you able to order gaskets in different thicknesses? I have not seen choices offered, or thicknesses listed in product descriptions.
Nope. I haven't seen thickness listed either.

I have one of these CDH CNC heads. My engine has 6mm studs. The cylinder I have for it and head have holes bigger than 6mm. How do I go about bolting this head on and know the cylinder dome is perfectly aligned with the cylinder?

I have not tried to assemble it but just looking at the individual pieces this seems to be an issue. There's no guides on the cylinder or head to assure the alignment. I have to be missing something here.

:) Right now I can not even get it put together.
Even if I had 8mm studs it seems rather crude and imprecise to just put the gasket on then the head and bolt it without some mthod of precise alignment. The cylinder dome will not be perfectly aligned with the cylinder.
Every engine I ever took apart or put together had dowel pins in the head or cylinder to align the head and cylinder.
This is my first go round with the chinese bicycle engines.

:) Right now I can not even get it put together.
Even if I had 8mm studs it seems rather crude and imprecise to just put the gasket on then the head and bolt it without some mthod of precise alignment. The cylinder dome will not be perfectly aligned with the cylinder.
Every engine I ever took apart or put together had dowel pins in the head or cylinder to align the head and cylinder.
This is my first go round with the chinese bicycle engines.
Get some of these or make them from seamless tubing, there called locating dowels, or centering dowels. They fit the cylinder stud perfectly on the inside diameter & the cylinders head holes outside diameter. You will need 4 & they will center your head prefectly.
20220128_181649.jpg

Fwiw I have several chinagirl oem gaskets. What I have both measure 0.020". If you feel like googling it aluminum headgaskets can be annealed but it is at a much lower temp and process. If a person wants to make copper headgaskets buy what the term is "dead soft". Hope this helps.

If ya don't have a propane torch just lay it on a stove top electric burner coil until it's cherry red

copper don't have to be air cooled it can be water quenched.

One good thing about water quenching it makes for an easy clean up.
Water quenching remover 80% of and soot from using a propane torch

Air cooled or water quenched annealed copper turns out the same

If ya don't have a propane torch just lay it on a stove top electric burner coil until it's cherry red

copper don't have to be air cooled it can be water quenched.

One good thing about water quenching it makes for an easy clean up.
Water quenching remover 80% of and soot from using a propane torch

Air cooled or water quenched annealed copper turns out the same
For brazing... Makes old coper pennies look like proof sets... Good for sodering wires also

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220128-192315.png
    Screenshot_20220128-192315.png
    150 KB · Views: 116
Back