Cdi and kill switch install

Dakota

Local time
12:21 PM
Hi ive just bought a 2 stroke motor for first time. Ive put everything tovether but cant understand how the wiring works im not getting any spark. The magneto has only a blue and black wire coming from it. Cdi has blue and black wires. Then the kill switch has red and black wires. Ive tried blue to blue black to black and switched it up black to blue and blue to black. I dont have the tools to see if anything is getting power but i assume it all should being that i just got it this week. Any help would be greatly appreciated

No tools are needed to check for spark. Simply remove your spark plug and cap, hold the spark plug at the head and petal... you should see a spark to confirm everything is wired correctly. Color match your wiring and do that test, if its day time then use a screw driver instead of a spark plug and hold the screw driver about 3/4 of an inch away and you'll see the spark. If you don't get a spark then post it and we can go from there.

Thanks!! Got it up and running. Just waiting for spring loaded chain tensioner to get here so i can ride. One came with kit needs be welded on cuz wont stop turning into the wheel.

first, the chain should never, ever get tight enough to pull the tensioner down

second, if the chain stay is too small to hold the tensioner properly, saw of a piece of old handlebar and use it as shim under tensioner

Ill give it a try, thanks for the advice and help. Much appreciated!

Quick question. On the NT carburator is the choke on in the up or down position? And how long should i run it on choke? I cant seem get it to run off of it. Assuming its on in the down position.

What should i use to seal the magneto cover so it will be rain resistant and would it be alright to ride in rain after words? I have all wires already taped up

Back