cdi and magnito recomendations?

Giovanni Q.

Local time
11:13 AM
so i got cought in a nasty storm. i was forced to ride thru like 4 ince puddles. needless to say my bike is not running properly now. i have replaced the spark plug with a brand new one. i have 2 cdis that i have swapped out and its no difrent so im assumeing its the magnito thats bad. i bought a new one that was sopposed to be high performance. i got this guy here https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07P747P7L/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 it was absolutly horrable. it gave me a top speed of 13 mph and thats with me peddleing my ass off and it bucked sooo bad. im pretty new to this whole moterized bike thing and i was wondering if anyone could recommend a good cdi and magnito to buy? im talking like top of the line. whats the BEST cdi/magnito you guys have used?

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Take off your CDI cover you probably got water inside and it missing up something.
Some guys insulate the joints with silicon, is what I do is take out the bottom forward screw let gravity drain the water

Take off your CDI cover you probably got water inside and it missing up something.
Some guys insulate the joints with silicon, is what I do is take out the bottom forward screw let gravity drain the water
its been awhile. think that could still be an issue a week and a half to 2 weeks later? i guess it could stay in there if it cant evaperate. ill give it a shot

its been awhile. think that could still be an issue a week and a half to 2 weeks later? i guess it could stay in there if it cant evaperate. ill give it a shot
yeah i dont htink it comes apart like that. its like all glued together and such

so apprently it was an air filter problem. my leg knocked it off today on the way to work full throttle going 13mph and bucking like a mofo and when the air filter came off the engine just came to life. whice is odd casue when i put the carb on brand new cns from bikebarry it ran fine till i got cought in that storm. i guess it got clogged on the same night... i never really thought to check the air filter i thought it was something electrical casue of the rain.... spending the last 2 weeks feeling like i just basically thru 2 grand out the window on this build but now it seem sto be running pretty good. but i dont have a air filter on it so ima have to fix that. when i first built it i got one of those 2 stage super charged cdi's... absolute garbage.... theres got to be a cdi out there tho that works great... there just has to be. everyone keeps talking about these expansion chambers and rekeying static timeing. i have no idea what that means. like i said, iv got 2 grand into this build and the bikes never ran 100 percent. i still have brand new rims and a muffler i havent even installed casue it was running like such crap. i hoope my problems are behind me now....

Let me know if you find anything.
ima keep trying difrent cdis and magnitos i think. ill let you know if i find a good combo. id just really like to know what everyone else is running. theres no way everyones haveing the amount of problems i have been...

now do you suggest cutting off the cap and screwing like a nkg cap onto it? iv been thinking about doing that. i ordered 2 replacment caps casue when the bike first started to act up i thoguht it was the spark plug cap on the super charged cdi. turns out those super charged cdis just suck so now i have these 2 caps just sitting here

Last edited:
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back