CDI Circuit diagram

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dood Surfston

Local time
7:52 AM
Has anyone got a circuit diagram of the CDI unit that comes with 2-stroke kits?

I'm kinda curious how it works, as the CDI on a motorcycle usually has two voltage inputs, one a high voltage and the other for discharge timing.

This is a basic circuit.

Attachments

• ROHMELL CDI  schem.jpg
    ROHMELL CDI schem.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 484
CDIparts.png
CDIracingcap.jpg
CDIschem.jpg
CDItest.jpg
CDIwave.jpg
redKDXCDIinner.jpg
suzuki+rm85+cdi.png

The red one is the jag cdi I believe, its a knock off of a suzuki cdi, with some switches and a few extra resistors and caps added. I had researched that cdi back in the day, and he used to tell people he stole the base design from suzuki. He won't tell people that anymore, but archived net pages tell a different story than he does. lol

View attachment 165614View attachment 165615View attachment 165616View attachment 165617View attachment 165618View attachment 165619View attachment 165620

The red one is the jag cdi I believe, its a knock off of a suzuki cdi, with some switches and a few extra resistors and caps added. I had researched that cdi back in the day, and he used to tell people he stole the base design from suzuki. He won't tell people that anymore, but archived net pages tell a different story than he does. lol
The jag is out of stock... Karl what do you think about the keyed one?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220129-180702.png
    Screenshot_20220129-180702.png
    166.1 KB · Views: 346
  • Screenshot_20220129-181339.png
    Screenshot_20220129-181339.png
    149.7 KB · Views: 290
I won't run a jag cdi. I get the same effect shaving my moon key. An I save $175 bucks. lol
I've been looking at off set keys and there was a magnet that was adjustable I can't find any more... I'm going to get a TZ CDI the tall one and a Oz magneto... Strongest magnet is out of stock... I'm hoping everything comes back in stock... I want to keep the parts simple to stuff that's available nothing exotic... JZ on eBay looks good to me for the electrical... Thanks again for your help

I've been looking at off set keys and there was a magnet that was adjustable I can't find any more... I'm going to get a TZ CDI the tall one and a Oz magneto... Strongest magnet is out of stock... I'm hoping everything comes back in stock... I want to keep the parts simple to stuff that's available nothing exotic... JZ on eBay looks good to me for the electrical... Thanks again for your help
I thinking of ordering some magnetos and making adjustable. Problem is ordering the cone washers has a min order. I don't know if I want to pay that. lol. If I do order and make 'em, I'd sell quite a few, because I'd never need as many as I would have to buy!! lol.

I thinking of ordering some magnetos and making adjustable. Problem is ordering the cone washers has a min order. I don't know if I want to pay that. lol. If I do order and make 'em, I'd sell quite a few, because I'd never need as many as I would have to buy!! lol.
Piston bike has it...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220129-190644.png
    Screenshot_20220129-190644.png
    223.7 KB · Views: 426
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back