CDI Circuit diagram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell me more about your 10 cent solution 🤔

Is that what you mentioned earlier about adjusting the magnet? As in remove the woodruff key from the magnet and hold it in position with a star washer?
Just find the right sized star washer, bend a tab in( for the magnet slot), flat washer on top and lock washer before nut, use a flat blade to hold the magnet still, tighten to where ever your heart desires.

You can also weld a tab and grind it to the right size, on a flat washer. Add some marks for locating, and bamb, you got a cool system.

Oh and I use a marker to mark where everything is when tightening it down, so I know it didn't move.

Has anyone got a circuit diagram of the CDI unit that comes with 2-stroke kits?

I'm kinda curious how it works, as the CDI on a motorcycle usually has two voltage inputs, one a high voltage and the other for discharge timing.
Unfortunately, the standard ones are casting resin. So if you want to find out what's inside, you can either pay a few hundred bucks for x-ray analysis. Or, you can try and get this proprietary information from the manufacture. (the same manufacturer that cast their parts in resin, so you can't know what's inside)

Unfortunately, the standard ones are casting resin. So if you want to find out what's inside, you can either pay a few hundred bucks for x-ray analysis. Or, you can try and get this proprietary information from the manufacture. (the same manufacturer that cast their parts in resin, so you can't know what's inside)
Please look at the dates that are on the posts that your replying to...This particular one was from Jan. 2022...That was one year and seven months ago...This is dredging up ancient history from a person that has also not been here in a year and a half now either.

Others actually answered this question already in this thread and even went as far as to draw up a CDI circuit diagram for him and also including complete schematic diagrams as well.

This is the basic set up of all CDI's used in these CG's...Nothing new here....All of these are nothing more that just simple Capacitive Discharge Ignition (CDI) Circuits, very basic and locked into resin for stability and heat purposes, not for hiding whats inside it.

Since this thread has been answered and has now outlived it's usefulness, I am now locking it so as to not perpetuate absurdities like X-Ray analysis or saying it is cast in resin so you can't know whats inside it, etc. etc. etc when simple drawings and schematics accurately answered this threads question quite well over a year and a half ago...lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back