CDI Circuit diagram

Status
Not open for further replies.
The red one is the jag cdi I believe, its a knock off of a suzuki cdi, with some switches and a few extra resistors and caps added. I had researched that cdi back in the day, and he used to tell people he stole the base design from suzuki. He won't tell people that anymore, but archived net pages tell a different story than he does. lol
Interesting diagrams Karl. Looks like it's using two diodes so that the forward part of the oscillation discharges the capacitor, while the backward part triggers the gate of the transistor, allowing the capacitor to discharge.

Interesting diagrams Karl. Looks like it's using two diodes so that the forward part of the oscillation discharges the capacitor, while the backward part triggers the gate of the transistor, allowing the capacitor to discharge.
SOMEONE THAT CAN READ!!!!! OMG!! I LOVE YOU!!:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::cool::cool::cool:;)

Anyway, got that out of my system. Yeah, you know what's going on. I ain't gotsa splain nuthin. lol

Awwww 😊

I found this page with the same circuit diagrams you posted:

Have you tried to make this CDI? I think I know what my next electronics project is.
It's probably Jags old website where I stole some of them from. lol. I can't find the other folder, had some good roll your own cdi info in it. Soon as I do, I'll post it, don't hold ya breathe though. I'm in the middle of Glass and 3d projects, for this weeks orders, at the moment.

Have you tried to make this CDI? I think I know what my next electronics project is.
Sorry, space case today, lots going on. I was going to make it, have all the stuff because of another hobby. I then thought about just moving it mechanically, then thought, no, just the magnet. Then looked into that and seen other people have done it. Then realized for 10 cents I could do the same thing, and it was easier than building a cdi. So I went that route. lol

Sorry, space case today, lots going on. I was going to make it, have all the stuff because of another hobby. I then thought about just moving it mechanically, then thought, no, just the magnet. Then looked into that and seen other people have done it. Then realized for 10 cents I could do the same thing, and it was easier than building a cdi. So I went that route. lol
I thought about 2 mags and 2 magnets 2 CDI the dual plug head with slightly different timing on each one...

Tell me more about your 10 cent solution 🤔

Is that what you mentioned earlier about adjusting the magnet? As in remove the woodruff key from the magnet and hold it in position with a star washer?

I made the basic design, it ran good at high rpm but not good at the bottom, and it looked like Dr. Frankenstein made it. Once I made a couple that ran I lost interest, if I would have worked on it a little I probably could have worked it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back